Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic Transmissions. !!#$%*&$%!!!

The junkyards have no LS400's in them and haven't had any since the last trip I made there, which was months ago. Buying them from ebay isn't happening, too highly priced. They don't charge junkyard prices, they're greedy.
    I will try to ground the starter relay so it is only grounded when in P or N. I'll try and mess with it when I get home tonight.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    If Goldys device doesn't work (it will, he's awesome) then an old Mr2 speedo will do the same job.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hang on; i have had another look at that wiring diagram while not wearing my stupid hat, and thats not what its doing.

I will email you, i think that makes sense now......

c.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    If Goldys device doesn't work (it will, he's awesome) then an old Mr2 speedo will do the same job.
    Thanks Paul, you have more faith in my skills than I.

I posted the box today should be in the USA soon and then we'll find out if it works. It's my interpretation of the electronics in the mr2/ls400 speedo so who knows!

Ok, I have absofuckinglutley had it with this !@#$%^TY&U*. I might have a broken hand from punching the garage door.

Call me stupid, call me uneducated, call me daft and anything else you can think of. I am totally effing LOST. All of these half diagrams and half thoughts in text form, make no effing sense at all. Three forums and the more I think, the worse it gets.
    I know I'm the weak link here. I know it's me not understanding something. Totally my fault.
    I am literally at my wits end and almost took it out on the car with a large steel pipe. I didn't, but my hand, she's not so good.

This is what I have: The diagram below. Sure, I can get the car to start and run. But these mother#ucking STA and NSW wires, make zero sense. None at all. I get it- they are supposed to prevent it from starting in anything other than P or N. FINE, I get it.
    I can do nothing with them and it starts and runs just fine. I can connect them and it starts and runs. Whatever the deal is, I'm not doing it right. Yeah- it's me. Dumb it down. OVER SIMPLIFY it, please.

Somebody make this make sense, because this is what I have in my car, hanging under the dash. Pretend I'm mentally handicapped because that's what it's going to take to explain it to me. Draw in big colorful lines how the #uck this is supposed to be wired because I really am losing all patience for this thing. In a big way.
    I have SEVEN wires. 7.
    If you have any idea how these are supposed to go, insult me and call me retarded. Please draw in Crayola crayon so some idiot can understand them.
    I have done them in every way I know how. Lost. Sorry for being a bitch, but holyshit I have had it.

None of that is going to fix your gearchanging issue though Paul, which is all you really care about.

Wait until Goldys box turns up, fit it and see where you are then.

Starting up in gear/NSW issue is nothing and easily sorted.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Sorry I should have drawn it out for you. Anyway you get how the inhibitor switch is supposed to work, but as Paul says that's not going to resolve the limp mode, so leave it and come back to it. In the meantime I will draw it out for you.

Getting frustrated to the point of injury isn't good. The garage has a door on it for a reason - not for punching but for closing and walking away.

Get your hand sorted and do something else for a couple of days until Goldys gadget arrives.

Chris.

I fully agree with the cross dresser ^^^ , it's totally pointless getting frustrated with these issues, i get them too even though i do this for a living, it's par for the course.

So take your frustration out on something else.... i dunno, invade a country under the guise of overthrowing terrorism to exploit its natural oil resources, that seems to make you guys high five the shit out of one another..... just sayin. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I fully agree with the cross dresser ^^^ , it's totally pointless getting frustrated with these issues, i get them too even though i do this for a living, it's par for the course.

So take your frustration out on something else.... i dunno, invade a country under the guise of overthrowing terrorism to exploit its natural oil resources, that seems to make you guys high five the shit out of one another..... just sayin. :)
    Hahahaha 'Murica.
    Man I was mad last night. Anyway, heading out to work for a while today.
    Here's what the Russian Mafia have said:
    Relax and forget it for a day or two. Then start digging into Wilbo's diagram. I can not draw it or explain better than he did. There's just one relay and one switch located on the trans. Any 4-pin relay has 2 pins for coil and 2 another pins for switch located inside.

Your starter relay's switch is wired as follows, one pin to +12v (constant), the other pin goes to starter

Getting to the coil. One end of it is wired constantly to ground. The other pin of the coil should be wired to "starter on" signal, which in your case is the appropriate output of your start button

Now cut the wire between the button and the relay. Wire both ends of it to the inhibitor switch located on the trans (there's no polarity). Don't mind the STA and NSW wires for now, that's too complicated for you at the moment.

If everything done properly, your car should now start only in P and N. Write back when you're done

I might have another go when I get back home. Fairly easy day today, thankfully.

Last edited by cdwood2010; 07-07-2015 at 18:24.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast