Thread: Automatic Transmissions. !!#$%*&$%!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Automatic Transmissions. !!#$%*&$%!!!

Ok, there is a guy that is helping me figure out why I'm getting this Code #42 over on Lextreme. He's unavailable at the moment so I thought I'd put it up here and see if anyone knows anything about the subject.

Main problem- The car starts in any gear. I also believe that has something to do with power delivery and shift points.

I am not happy. I have tried everything I can come up with based on the info I have.

Here is the diagram from the book that I'm dealing with:

It appears the STA wire along with the NSW wire, run through the auto box's PRND indicator switch. (The indicator switch is located on the side of the auto box, just above the gear selector arm) Alright, fine. I have continuity from the ECU at the correct pins for both STA and NSW. I have continuity from the ECU to the transmission indicator switch. In theory, it should be working properly. Car starts in any gear. That's not right, so I checked power to the R-L wire that feeds the switch. No power when the car is running or the ignition is in the ON position. Hmm, so I ADDED 12V to the R-L wire. No change. That was just a guess anyway.

Here is something that George the Russian showed me, it is supposed to make sense, but all it did was screw me up even more, My starter relay isn't a pass through ground like this one shows, mine is a pass through hot 12v. Check this and see if it makes sense because to me, is he talking about the starter solenoid grounding out the STA wire? No clue, makes no sense.

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ne%20ECU%20Pin

And as an additional note, I check power coming out of the ECU at the NSW and the STA wires. They both have 12V as soon as you flip the main power in the car. Straight out of the ECU, they have 12V. I hear that's not good.

I fucking hate this car. Well, not really. But when I get frustrated, it's easy to forget why I like it. I just want it to work properly. Damn hillbilly Maserati's.
    Last edited by Grenade; 04-07-2015 at 22:54.