Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1MZ Mk3 - The gift that just KEEPS on giving.

Ha, yeah. It's just one from my laptop. I'm not near the car at the moment and trying to order parts!
    My gearbox is Mk2, but chassis Mk3.

I think you are right from my Gooooogling of images.

Alternative is to take it to someone who makes brake hoses up & get braided one, there's a guy about 5 miles from me that does them

For future reference, in case anyone is searching:

where did you get your MK3 hose from? I couldn't get one anywhere!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    where did you get your MK3 hose from? I couldn't get one anywhere!
    I robbed the pics from the internet, I have not got one. I think I need a Mk2 one, which are readily available.

The Mk3 ones are available in the US, although quite expensive $65 + p&p. But, I contacted an ebay seller who is a 'Hel' retailer. He was willing to make me one if I provided him with an original, or the dimensions. His ebay name is daghosesupplies - you could tempt him with future sales from the MR2 communities with group buys etc.

I suspect that HEL simply give you the supplies and away you go, as I've contacted a few suppliers who all drew blanks. I'll hunt the U.S. Guy down, as I need one quick!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I previously dealt directly with HEL who made brake/clutch lines as a group buy on the MLR (Evo forum). They said they would/could make anything with an original as a template & give a good discount, as they can then market it as a product.

Do I need these inserts in the bushes? This is the rear gearbox mount, the front also had something similar. The bushes look okay, I guess this is to stiffen them up.

Required, yes or no?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes definitely keep them, although i prefer to replace the whole bush myself, inserts rely on the integrity of the old bush.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast