Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jiffs Mk3 Project

lol nice. Hope she enjoys it. I've been struggling to find any mr2 in my price range over here so currently looking into a nissan 300zx. Hope the good lady has fun
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Another update:

This ones been stretched over the last 3 weekends....

Pop out a seat, remove the runners, remove the base and loosen off these tabs

and it untucks like this:

start to do battle with hogrings....

and you get this:

cut a little foam out for a temp sensor

before moving to the back squab; unzip from the bottom, remove more bloody hogrings....

peel up cover... more bloody hogrings...

realize you completely forgot to take important pictures of the sole reason for doing ALL of this....

Anyway... add heated seat pad, fasten up hogrings and reassemble.

drill out and fit switches....

and finally, wire up!

Result? toasty bottoms and back on demand.

For anyone attempting it, let me give one tip - Buy some hogring pliers..... (I didn't, which is why it took 3 weeks!)
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Now that's pretty spiffy mr Jiffy! I like a lot.

Does that heater kit come with its own relay etc?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Yup - the whole she-bang - one relay per seat, all pre-wired. 1 positive, 1 earth and 1 ignition feed to plumb in.

From zero to toasty in about 2 mins.

It was this kit but with separate switches. May do with same thing with the sparco's in the Mk1!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Fantastic, i'm going to steal this mod from you if that's ok!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Fantastic, i'm going to steal this mod from you if that's ok!
    Worth every penny sir, bit if heat does wonders for the aching back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    Worth every penny sir, bit if heat does wonders for the aching back!
    Exactly my thoughts young Jiff. That really is well thought out matey, good work.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Nice work Jif, ps I've got a new toyota airfilter if it's any good to you? Foc of course
    Last edited by donnac; 27-04-2014 at 23:55.

Few more bits ticked off the "to do" list this weekend.As regular readers of this forum with no doubt be aware, i'm not a fan of bodykits, which is what possibly makes this round of mods quite a shocker!

Her rear used to look like this:

So, i much prefer the facelift rear bumper, but thats not available in my green; We're also not the biggest fans of the nappy (the rear undertray). I've still got it on the list of jobs to take off, and drill out all the various butchered screws that prevent from sitting properly, but for now....

A little bit of this:

and this:

leads to this:

and smallest subtlest spoiler I could find...

and facelift rear side vents for good measure:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast