Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: From No MR2 to V6 conversion

I just put £190 of road tax on the na at the we. It doesn't sound that expensive, but I definitely did < 3k miles last year in it, call it 1900 miles and that's a penny a mile I'm paying just in road tax.

I'm not selling the v6 until next year at least now (I just booked it into Goodwood in November for £169 + £30 tuition which is a good price for a Saturday there), so if you wait long enough ... :-) ...

Quote Originally Posted by marcbowden View Post
    I just put £190 of road tax on the na at the we. It doesn't sound that expensive, but I definitely did < 3k miles last year in it, call it 1900 miles and that's a penny a mile I'm paying just in road tax.

I'm not selling the v6 until next year at least now (I just booked it into Goodwood in November for £169 + £30 tuition which is a good price for a Saturday there), so if you wait long enough ... :-) ...
    Thanks for the offer... however I should sell my scooby this year, while its got new MOT/tax, so any time from now to sept is my time frame.

Buying a ready made V6 conversion is the best value for money and the best option for me, but have come to conclusion it may be a long wait for the right car and i am quite choosy about what i get too!

Need some advice here, a good condition R rg MR2 na has been offered to me locally, but its done 87000 miles.

What tends to need attention at that mileage? shocks, suspension bushes, what??

Now I realise that anything i buy is going to have somewhere between 60,000 and 100,000 and from everything I can find on this forum and elsewhere MR2's seem pretty reliable which is one of my key needs, ( I need reliability ahead of ultimate performance).

i personally wouldnt be put off buying a pre rev3 car, the rev3 brake calipers can be bought for around £100 (youll need the discs and pads) the suspension will be no more than £150 used (maybe £250 for yellow billies) then if you like there is the cosmetics, better rear lights/slightly deeper front splitter. also the rev1 cars are lighter which would help with your power/weight ratio you mentioned.

I just bought the blue v6 (oohmatrons) stephen has kindly agreed to bring the car to me on tuesday :respekt:, so not much longer to wait :boogie::boogie::boogie:

An update in me little M2 scheme

Well ive had to bloodywell bin the idea of an MR2 this year which i am not happy about but my business MUST come before my car and looks like i am keeping the scooby warts and all until at least late this year, though if it costs me any more money this year, then its going over a cliff at speed!

In the event it does go over a cliff, then I'll buy a cheap mk1 to run around in!
    Seen several under a grand and still really like them after the one my wife had.

However, what I have learned about MR2's has only made me want one more (mk2) and now i have a very good idea what i want to do with one, when, what the cost & issues will be, in fact i have practically got a full spec, so many thanks for all your info.

Ive completely worn the print off certain pages of MR2 only.

In the meantime, yes i would still like to know about cars for sale and i check the for sale info regularly to get pricing info and ideas.

So thanks guys

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567