Hello Lads

Firstly thanks for a bucket full of laughs in these threads, really enjoyed reading some of the V6 conversion stories and learned a great deal by others shared experience, thanks.

I'm not keen on car clubs or forums but there is a real nice atmosphere to this one.

A while ago I got a ride in a Lotus Evora from the local dealer, (yeah yeah i can afford it, I told him...if I sell all my organs & limbs!)

What with the lotus ride (small but powerfull) & a trip some years ago to a rather hilly bit of Italy with roads about 2 foot wide, it got me thinking... what can I buy thats a bit like a supercar, that even I can actually afford.

Oh and its got be totally reliable, as fast as the RX7 I used to have when I had more money for fuel, (they like to drink BIG those rotaries) and as a daily driver I really have to get better economy than the 3.3 litre flat 6 Subaru SVX I've got now.

How about looking at MR2's again!

My wife had a Mk1 MR2 years ago and Ive always liked the mk2... bingo, started to research MR2 Turbos (while telling porkies to my wife, how good MR2's are on fuel, how reliable, how they do big mileages no problem).

The more I have looked at Turbos, the more I have wondered if I might end up buying another bag of trouble (like the bloody Subaru, first one was brilliant, this one not so).

Too many of these Turbos at prices I can afford appear to have been fiddled with and I cant get over only having 4 pistons, no matter how fast.
Sorry if you think 4 is great!

Then completely by accident while trawling clips on Youtube, discovered Paul puts a reasonably powered, reliable and according to Earl pretty frugal V6 in a car I like, in a way I definately like.

Oh and that noise ....

Bye bye 4 cylinder, mmm not sure about turbos and certainly Lotus you can sod off with your over priced (nice) car.... I have found what I want.

Now, how the hell am I going to finance this thing and is it really going to be better to start with a standard car, an NA I think you call it?

One things for sure, if I get to the point where Ive got the car this year and have stumped the cash for a conversion, then Paul is doing the job, even if its true he is partial to Vodka!

yeah, MR2 better than an Evora, stick that in yer car mag.