Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam's bodywork thread

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Adam's bodywork thread

We thought it might be cool to show the bodywork side of things up here as well,so heres mr H's 1.5 getting the WS treatment.

We found a bit of a belly in the rear quarter panel above the wheelarch,probably caused by welding distortion or other,but it needed to be put right....

Although ad was happy with the wheel arches we agreed the outer lips could do with straightening up and reforming so the outer edge is nice and uniform...

Also there was no gap between bumper skin and bonnet so we adjusted this with a big hammer and a block of wood,now it has a perfect gap...

And the engine lid needed sanding down/refilling/sanding down etc.....

Theres a few more days prep left and then it goes into primer and paint.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mr Woods, you got to do MORE threads like this!

Could watch bodyworks guys work all day, it truely is an art form.

Decided on the colour scheme yet Adam?

I think it should be hearing aid beige with a hint of manchester grey :)

Agree with Jiffy here though Woodsy - bodywork threads are all pukka, especially as you'll be doing a colour change for me soon!! :)

yeah Jiff, I agree. great to see how these things are done....It really is an art form.
    MK2 REV3 Turbo T-bar @ 320bhp

I'm so JDM, my engine is f""ked!

As above but also you get to see the amount of prep that needs doing - its not just chucking paint on it.

What colour is it going to be??????????

Damn, poxy Vodaphone has flagged these as 18+ content and won't let us see them, argh. sounds good though :hmm:

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman
    Damn, poxy Vodaphone has flagged these as 18+ content and won't let us see them, argh. sounds good though :hmm:

O.S.
    Then phone them and get the content lock removed...you are over 18 aren't you? :hidesbehi

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

I'd love to but it's a sim in Miss Owen's work laptop and we've no idea what the account details are... Will look into it upon return to the UK though.

Over 18? altogether far too close to double that now, tis depressing really. If I don't finish a MK1.5 in the next few months they'll probably get taken away by the geriatric police and replaced with MK2's...

Hi-jac over (sorry Adam),

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    owen you cant see them cos the content IS over 18 only! im naked on the bonnet of adams car smearing hobnobs all over myself provocatively :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

thanks paul just put me off me lamb chops that has!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast