Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3sgte vs v6

3sgte vs v6

is there a v6 vs 3sgte thread?? if so where is it... if not please discuss...

It's horses for courses in my book. There's been lots of threads on other forums that have ended up in slagging matches. Thankfully, none of the nuggets have made there way here (except for one or two ;) ).

They both have their plus points. It's best for you to sample both and then persue your own objectives. Either way, there's LOTS of support here!

what he said..
    simply no easy answer to this, cos there isnt one..!
    comparisons can be drawn but none will answer the question of which is best..
    in fact they are so different if you owned both it would be like owning two completely different cars..

moved to 'general banter'

I agree with Nik on this one.

Yeah the 3s is good for shit your pants balls out evil power but the V6 is good for that pulling torque and its ultimate untapped potential.

Personally I think they are both as good as each other with their own plus and minus points so would never make a decision on this myself.

All I know is both are better than the 4age in my eyes which altho not a bad engine it was really meant to be in a lightweight kit car not an mr2 :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

If it was like for like, as in 3VZ-GTE v's 3SGTE, the V6 would win hands down.

And for a straight out the box swap, the V6 is cheaper and more reliable.

But ask anyone with a mk1.5, that turbo rush is addictive.

yeah but expensive if you want to mod it
    i fart in your general direction

and a harder install..

to true
    i fart in your general direction

sod it if you cant decide get one of each or a V6 and a beams MK1 eh Al!

:hidesbehi

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast