Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5 Haters on IMOC

1.5 Haters on IMOC

Sorry to post here, please move this post if there is a problem. I need to be careful what I say as i am heavily associated with IMOC. I thought I'd post here as its big members only

Whats with all the 1.5 haters on IMOC? Whats with all the attitude towards them? Jealousy? Purism?
    Its beginnig to piss me off

Hopefully as the 1.5 become more common attitudes will change?

Ollie
    Last edited by Charged; 26-04-2007 at 21:50.

Lets answer the critics with FACTS (no, I dont mean cartest stats)

Get one or two 1.5's down to an IMOC organised trackday and show them who's boss, thats my thoughts!! ;)

x2... got a link to said thread/s
    i like cheese

im staying well away from this thread..lol..

Ollie I just tend to stay out of it but know exactly where your coming from. I dont understand the attitude and it mostly stems fromd esire to make the 4AGE powerful. I have a very tidy MK1a in the garage which with not much work would be close on concourse bodywise. The engine in that is a 4AGE and cost me best part of £7k just for engine work 8 or so years ago, cyclinder head was 2.5K plus the VAT I had the block bored sleeeved rebored and honed, all the rotating assembly was sent off to a rally team to be balanced end to end, basically its a tuned and blue printed engine. That price doesnt include extrs like the TRD copy exhuast the ultralight flywheel etc. Now with all that money and work that engine will still be lucky to be pushing 180bhp so its a no brainer imagine the spec of a 1.5 with £7k thrown at the whole project not just the engine, most of us on here are building or have built decent 1.5s under a £5k budget with supercar performance. DOnt get me wrong the 4AGE is a decent engine for sure but to get any power at all over standard will take big big money and I dont care what anyone says it will. The 4AGZE is an amazing bt of kit and I would never be without one as I just love it for constant fun factor but a 1.5/1.6 will ALWAYS be more powerful pound for pound spent and there is no argument to that!

Leave them to it and like wayne said (and lets face it he has had a toyota or 2!) leave it till it comes to a track day or drag session or even better still a day on the rollers! The naysayers will soon backdown with real life proof. Bit like all the banter on here about MK2s, I for one actually quite like the MK2 tubby and nearly bought one instead of the GT4 but practicality stopped me, on here its all just fun and banter as deep down we all have some mutual respect for each others motors.

Its just jealousy

I agree Sam, and Ollie - comtemplated not even contributing to the thread on IMOC as I really CBA arguing with the "1.5 haters" especially when you see comments like "why would I buy a 1.5 like that with crap suspension" hmmmmm well, the intelligent amongst us would buy that 1.5 for £2000, spend a few quid on the suspension and making sure its well fettled and then at the end of it, end up with a £5000 car for £2500 - pretty basic really!

I am just as well placed as anyone I think to comment on Mk1's, dont get me wrong, the Mk1 4AGE is still an absolutely thrilling car, and still my first love - but whats wrong with deviating into something different?

It seems to me that the people that dont own a 1.5 are dismissing it are over-hyped, over-priced and generally a waste of money - but the people that have got one (incidentally, I havent got mine yet, but will have this weekend!) are saying "hang on a second - just listen will you!!"

I remember a few threads a while back on IMOC saying how over-rated the SC was etc.... It ran out of puff at high revs, this that the other - yes, maybe it does, but I still love SC's!!!

What goes around, comes around, remember how young the 1.5 still is, not alot of people believe (or want to believe) what they read, give it time and attitudes will soon change!!

My opinion..............

let them say what they want.

I'm gonna be building my mk1.6 because I want to not cos anyone else says its crap or good. Ok it may be a bit of an ongoing project, suspension will not be changed instantly but won't be left standdrd for too long (once I get extra money together). but the brakes are going to be done straight away and I'll just have to be a little more carefull until I do get the shocks done. Once its all sorted tho it will be going to a trackday or 2 and if it isn't as good as their standard mk1's (highly unlikely) I'll hold my hands up and say ok you guys win but still I built it thats all that matters :)

If someone wants to throw money at their 4a good on them but I think its just a waste.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

firstly i must say watch what you say, dont make any comments personal..i wont tolerate it and its not what TB is about..
    also lets not turn this into an IMOC hating thread, this is about a few individuals personal views and no comments should be made about IMOC in general..ta

right,
    theyre blinkered philistines..
    its jealousy, its self protection and defence of their own way of life..
    its defending their own personal views (dumbfounded ones) and their pride and joy..
    its down to taste, ego and trying to maintain a moral high ground when their own world seems to be cracking around their feet..
    its also protection of their own community in a way..TB is mk1.5 and thats why we are hated by certain groups..
    its all of the above and much more..

its also automatic hate of everything new and ground breaking (yes the world is round, so call me a witch and burn me at the stake)..

the mk1 is a great car but its weak. the suspension is crap, the brakes are shockingly bad and the 4age? great for a 700kg kit car but cmon its piss poor in a tonne of car..
    the mk1.5 is a young invention but one that will grow and grow over time..

this runs very deep..believe me..

tbh i now dont give a flying fuck what anyone says..the mk1.5 is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior motor to the mk1..i know that and anyone else who says otherwise knows shit about nothing..
    Last edited by nik; 26-04-2007 at 10:21.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast