Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best way to drop the engine

best way to drop the engine

i know it is best to lift the body off of the engine/tranny but how did everyone support the e/t where is the best place?

have to pull the 4ag this weekend...

help greatly appreciated... thanks
    i like cheese

I just jacked th car up..placed a huge thick plank of would across the rear bulkhead and supported that with axle stands. Undid everything but the eninge mounts before doing this though.
    Engine hoist was used to lower engine down. Hope this helps.
    Ki

more or less same as Ki !

I'm going to follow Paul's very helpful guide and just use jacks.
    Vroom vroom

I squeezed a whole can of spinach out into the air, gulped it down, did a silly jingle and then just pulled the engine clear...

Hope this helps!! :mrgreen:
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

did mine the same as pauls write up and it was cake
    thank you paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob
    I squeezed a whole can of spinach out into the air, gulped it down, did a silly jingle and then just pulled the engine clear...

Hope this helps!! :mrgreen:
    my uncle did something like that with a 305 out of an 84 monte carlo and proceeded to toss it a good ten foot behind him due to a couple of wires that would not come loose
    i like cheese

It`s actually not as heacy as you might think. If you don`t have anything to put it on (whatever you got with wheels, or one of Pauls trolleys) make sure you have something underneath with high friction from the ground. Meaning it will slide on the surface. Then just drop it on that and pull it out. Easy as that.:)

I'm removing my engine right now (had to stop for pie) and having removed all the dry connectors I'm coming up to the fluid lines. My question is what is the minimum fluid drain I can get away with? Do I have to fully drain everything as I'm rather not given that the same engine is going back in?

Cheers all
    Ian
    Vroom vroom

drain it into clean tubs and save it then Ian !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast