Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB110 Quad turbo!!

EB110 Quad turbo!!

Ive got aan opportunity to get my hands on a 3.5 litre V12 quad turbo engine from a bugatti EB110 for only ?1000!! Whats the chance of transplanting to a Mk1?? Gotta be worth a try. Anyone think its possible? Would be the fastest Mk1 in the world!!

anythings poss!. a grand, is it kosher?.. is it longitudal? how is the gearbox mounted..
    Last edited by adamh; 30-10-2006 at 15:16.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Yeah kosher, longitudinal mounted, gearbox on the back similar to a ferrari.
    Not a big engine,even though its a V12,only 3.5litre so probably about same size as lexus V8.

driveshaft need to identified or modded, ecu? or standalone.. twill fit with quad turbo ancillary pipes? . mmm quad turbo..
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Goddamn... if I had the chance of grabbing that I'd make it fit somehow, even if it meant ditching the quads and going for larger twins just to save space.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

Jeez ... get it, do it.

Longitudinal - might have to stretch the chassis and engine bay a bit though - unless you can persuade a transverse transaxle to fit it, don't know where you'd find one the right size and able to handle the power & torque though.

Er, what power is that anyway?

600 bhp +!!! Would be a bit nippy me thinks!

In the bugatti its capable of 219mph and 0-30 in 3.2 seconds. Its prob heavier than a mk1 too!!!

Sorry i meant 0-60 in 3.2 sec.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast