Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will a 2.5 tt soarer engine fit a mk1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

will a 2.5 tt soarer engine fit a mk1

......and a complete 2.5 tt soarer engine loom and ecu for ?500 kinda puts the 3ltr v6 on the scrapper if its possible any views peeps??

I would think it`s possible but it will be tight. Don`t have any idea but if a v8 can fit i guess anything can. Would be awesome to do something like that. What`s the standard output on that?

im guessing it would be the pipework for the cooler etc that would be the nightmare as there twin turbos arent they?

Going to be a squeeze, the 2.5 TT is a straight 6 IIRC and will be longer than the V8 that Paul's using.

Grab that engine and put it in a Dax Rush or MK Indy. :whistle:

dont think theres any feasible way it will go in, but where theres a wil theres a way just not sure its possible TBH as I would have defo gone 3l Straight 6 TT from a MKIV supra if it was !

I daresay it'd be possible, if you cut the car in half down the middle and added about an extra 9" in width.

A bloke in Practical Performance Car did this in order to shove a Sierra Cossie drivetrain underneath an Anglia. The end result looked pretty sweet.

everythings possible mate..but certainly not an easy one..
    would mean chassis rail widening possibly/probably and not at all sure on drivetrain..but like i said nothings impossible..

edited your thread title.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    yep as above,being a straight 6 you'd need to go down my route.....steady!....chassis widening and turret moving is not fun! hmmm i wonder if my v8 doesnt work out if ive now got enough room for a 2jz? theres a thought! 1000bhp here we come! lol having said that if id enough width for 6 cylinders it would defo get a beams V12 instead,well it would be a shame to waste engine bay wouldnt it....

yeah baby!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    having said that if id enough width for 6 cylinders it would defo get a beams V12 instead,well it would be a shame to waste engine bay wouldnt it....

yeah baby!
    Here we go again.....
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

hrrrrr...

well... i have the v12 feeling every day... :thumbsup:
    (450Nm rulez)

hmmmm... 1800kg beemer v12 vs. 1000kg mr2 v12....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast