Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overboost?

Overboost?

Hi Guys,

I am after a little advice,

Fitted the FCD yesterday but it hasnt solved the fuel cut problem. I have not fitted the Boost controller yet but I am still geting fuel cut, now at about 14 psi. Do I keep winding out the FCD until i dont get cut?

Why am I getting so much boost from standard? I have read that I may get a little extra with all the induction/exhaust bits fitted but surely not this much.

Help please!!! I am a bit thick still when it comes to turbos

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    gary its possible your actuator isnt opening the wastegate,in fact id put money on that.... have you got a compressed air line? take the pipe that goes to the actuator from the turbo and apply a little compressed air (10-15psi would be great!) and you should be able to watch the rod coming out of the actuator move....if it doesnt move then either the actuator diaphragm is split or the wastegate is jammed shut.

Ive heard of some wastegates jamming shut on certain aftermarket downpipes,it could be this thats keeping the gate shut.

Either way something is causing your overboost....if you remove the actuator (2 bolts) from the compressor housing you should be able to manually open the wastegate yourself,if you cant you know its jammed on the decat pipe housing,hope that helps mate,do the compressed air test first tho.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cheers, top info as usual. Will have a look at it tomorrow.

Many thanks Paul :clap: . Did the airline test and it looked like the actuator was sticking. So took the downpipe off and look what I found. The gate has clearly been catching on the flange, A little action with a grinding wheel should soon sort it. Hopefully back on the road tonight.

is that an xs power downpipe gary?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

is that an xs as power downpipe gary?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    back o the net! i always do the compressed air test on all decat pipe fitted engines before i start them up just to make sure the gates opening....as you say matey a little grinder action sorts it out.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    yes again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    back o the net! i always do the compressed air test on all decat pipe fitted engines before i start them up just to make sure the gates opening....as you say matey a little grinder action sorts it out.
    Back together now, The car is transformed. Jeez its fast now :twisted: . I have still been getting a little fuel cut though, so I have had a play with the fcd and can now get to a peak of about 13psi without any issues.

Dont think I will be upping the boost just yet.

This car is confusing me now :doh: . Just been out on another run and watching the gauge while booting it in 3rd the gauge would jump up to 12psi, sit there for a short while then jump up to 14psi and fuel cut.

Whats going on, has anyone else had fuel cut issues on their motor while on standard unmodifed boost? Looks like its a job for next weekend as I have run out of time again.

All help gratefully recieved.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast