Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can i make Penelope go faster???

How can i make Penelope go faster???

All ideas would be appreciated!!!:P

Tow Truck?:shrug:

Put you and stu on a diet? :boogie:

Seriously though, car weightloss is a great idea, take out as much weight as you can, carpets, boards, spare wheels, get a lightweight battery etc....

On the power front maybe a bigger intercooler or chargecooler as the mk2 turbo one isn't amazing, some more boost, what turbo are you running by the way? Mappable ecu (powerfc) or something like that could be a good idea. All depends on what power your aiming for!!

Quote Originally Posted by FourVeeSix
    Easiest way is to lose weight............from the car of course!!! :mrgreen:

Other way is to use more boost, and yet another way is to improve your driving skills so that overall, for the same stretch of road, youll be faster than you would otherwise be.
    Or a combination of all three would see a benefit. Oh yes! :)

Ps, having a good poo before you drive will also make you faster......:D

Does she want to go faster or has it died over the last few hours?:eh:

If its to go faster she could try a TB first and try to twin charge it.

But if its died i stick by my tow truck comentlol

thanx for that Tony x

Zip........this has got to be the first serious thread i have ever posted...i feel upset that you feel the need to joke about my baby!!!

...just popping out to get some slimfast......

Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Pitstop
    thanx for that Tony x

Zip........this has got to be the first serious thread i have ever posted...i feel upset that you feel the need to joke about my baby!!!

Awww, read my second post and then forgive me :)

Is it a sun roof?
    If so then you could remove that to save some weight.
    Also use perspex for the back window and the little windows on the car, you know the little triangle ones?
    You could put on a Fibreglass bonnet.
    The best way to lose weight though is to get lighter wheels because it helps with the unsprung mass:shades:(I think its called unsprung mass)

ok zip, your forgiven...no, its not a T-Bar...have got fibreglass wings already...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Pitstop
    ok zip, your forgiven...no, its not a T-Bar...have got fibreglass wings already...
    No not T bar. Just the Sunroof itself?

Is it a tin top or does it have a window in the roof?

Any idea how much your Alloys weigh?

yes zip it is and yes lighter wheels help ! strip the interior out for the weekend and only use one seat to go up the strip, take head unit out anything you can thnk of get outta there ! run as little fuel as you can without runing the risk of starvation on accleration ! fill her up with optimax before hand and reset the ecu for the drive to the pod ! add water injection and up the boost ! make sure she has some nice oil in her as well ! empty the boot totally and take the spoiler off as it aint gonna help up the strip at all ! could remove sunroof for wieght loss but not sure of the effect this would have on air flow which wont matter for at least first third of the strip !

All esle fails just add NOS, cheapest and easiest option for bigger power !

ooo....thank u sam...will take your advice on board!!!:thumbsup:

Basically....we r having some money to have some work done to the house....so have agreed to spend upto 1k on Penelope...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast