Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battery Relocation / Tank drop

Battery Relocation / Tank drop

Gonna do the tank drop to uprate fuel pump and relocate battery.

Do we run the battery cable over the top of the tank or underneath it?

Any general pointers? Will take lots of pics so we can have a how to article at the end of it.

I've just dropped the tank for painting and fuel pump change and I'll probably follow the brake lines when I run a cable.

Be sure to remove all bits of trim inside before you start. Its not easy to get to some of those centre console screws when the car is in the air

i've run my cable through the interior of the car under the center console
    my names dave......

yep, through the interior..plenty of holes in the bulkhead and big one on rear firewall..

Not a happy chappy.....

Well, worked my way through dropping the tank - Yup, not a nice job is it?

You know what makes it worse though? Discovering your supra turbo pump ain't gonna work :(

Spoke to Paul a while ago asking why he didn't use the Cmry V6 pump as it looks identical to the turbo pump I'd bought - NOW I know why! my turbo pump aint! Not all supra pumps are created equal it appears

Ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4623399731

And heres the pumps:

Now admittedly I can't REALLY moan at payin ?10 for the pump, but now I'm kinda fooked. Put the tank back in and have the ball ache of doing it all again? Buy brand new pump and do it properly? try and bodge the v6 pump in?

Think I'll be sulking and having an alcohol fest tonight as todays been a bit of wasted day!

What's wrong with it?
    Dan Johnson
    89 AW11 ... My swap diary
    ex 1994 ST205 WRC ... http://www.st205.net

MR2 pump on the right - Has bolt on fixings
    Turbo pump on left - Has a plug in fittings, different pick up sock (can't be swapped over either, as its different to the 2 pump).

trying to google for flow rates of pumps but not making much progress.

Oh right. Its no problem whatsoever, just get a plug, or if you can't find the right one then find some spade terminals the right size, then solder stuff together. The sock thing doesn't make any difference either, if it sucks up fuel in a supra it'll suck up fuel in your MR2. I've put my supra pump in, just take the rubber thingy out of the bottom of the bracket, attach the feed pipe and then attach the pump to the frame with a jubilee clip.
    Dan Johnson
    89 AW11 ... My swap diary
    ex 1994 ST205 WRC ... http://www.st205.net

Yeah, I may have to bodge it in - will use the V6 pump if I have to; interestingly enough the V6 pump looks to have a resistor added in line with the +ive feed. Soldering up the wiring is no problem; I'm just a little paranoid about having the lot submerged in fuel! Anyone know if heat shrink is fuel resistant?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    i wouldnt worry jiff it was submerged in fuel on the camry.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast