Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mk1 clutch problems

mk1 clutch problems

recently bought an mr2 that had been standing for 5 months, the previous owner said that the clutch was fine but it seems to be slipping, i have heard of a layer of rust gathering on flywheels when they are left sitting, also it there any way to adjust the clutch?

as far as im aware fella there isnt any adjustment as the clutch is slef adjusting on the 4AGE units ! how bad is the slip ?

it seems quite bad, but if you really drop the clutch hard the car will still give a little wheelspin, also the clutch does seem quite light with quite a high up bighting point

hmm was going to suggest fresh fluids but dont think this will help in this case but might be worth a try !

could the clutch maybe have air in it, also how do you change/bleed the system?

its possible its got air although from being stood this shouldnt have happened but might be worth checking it ! Pauls your man for clutch bleeding as this is something I havent done for about 8 years on an MR2 !

you can adjust the pedal travel!

hopefully paul will see this later when he comes online

lodgeman- how do you adjust the travel

the pedal assembly is adjutable from under the drivers footwell, if i can find a link i will post.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/repairsp93.html
    Last edited by lodgeman; 13-03-2006 at 16:39.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    indeed,as mr lodgeman says you can adjust the pedal biting point at the pedal....a 5 minute job but you need to be double jointed!

If that doesnt sort it try bleeding the clutch several times,the nipple (be mature lads,ha ha i said nipple) is on the clutch slave cylinder bracket,also check the cylinder isnt leaking,peel back the rubber boot and see if fluid spills out....ive got a few spare slave cylinders if you want one free.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast