Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK1 2GR Weight

MK1 2GR Weight

I am considering some BC Coilovers for my mk1, and as I can get different springs has anyone with a 2GR in a MK1 put it onto a weighbridge to determine weights on the front and rear end? Just want to know if there is significant difference from stock, enough to make it worth looking at getting different springs.

Funny story. I did start to put some combination weights together for reasons such as this.

Some of this might help, but feel free to add to it!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...earbox-Weights

c.

Hi All

I've done a little Googling...

Estimates for 4A-GE weight seem to vary from 104kg (no ancillaries) to 140kg (fully loaded). This 140kg estimate chimes with my experience and Paul Woods' comments to me that my new 1MZ-FE (153kg according to Mr cdwood2010 - are you 'Chris'?) is barely any heavier than my stock 4A-GE.

So Paul, I am no expert but I'd put your weight increase around (172kg - 140kg =) 32kg and assume it all lands over the rear.

Chris(?); I can add a little to your useful list of weights. I had my Mk1B weighed with its 4A-GE. There was 617kg over the rear axle; plus 460kg over the front. So a total of 1077kg. That's almost stock. At the time there was a little extra weight from coilovers, bigger brakes and wheels. Say an extra 15kg over stock. That suggests a figure around 1067kg for a stock Mk1B.

Hope this proves useful.
    D2W

Hello D2W!

Yes, i am indeed Chris. Northampton? We must have crossed paths before!

Many thanks for the data, will get that page updated! A lot of it is "close enough", as there are so many factors you could go on for ever. Once complete, you should be able to mix 'n' match with reasonable certainty.

Anyone got access to a weighbridge?

Chris.

Oh my arithmetic! Anyone spot the 'deliberate' mistake!

And I work for a bank!

Well I do have a stepson who works at a waste recycle facility that has weigh bridges, and he's said on a Sunday to give him the nod, then cough look the other way and hey presto

Well I could weigh axle weights on the atl lane shaker plates (atl =automated lane mot ) I can do all of my ones :-)

Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    What gearbox is that Jimi? Any other adds / removes?

c.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    What gearbox is that Jimi? Any other adds / removes?

c.
    Quote Originally Posted by D2W View Post
    Oh my arithmetic! Anyone spot the 'deliberate' mistake!

And I work for a bank!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast