Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu And Emma's 1.5 swap

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Stu And Emma's 1.5 swap

As one swap is nearing completion the next one is in prep stage! Stu came up with his dad today and we had a good ole chat about all things 1.5 ....and he brought this with him....

Look at the clip of that! groan, "ive done a woods" joke police please :roz:

Well if nothing else its given the new hoist a good work out.

And of course penelope pitstops mk1.... :D

Check out the exhaust thats going onto this girl...

Holy super dragger batman! have you ever seen anything like that? should look awesome ...lets see the hooded claw catch that!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

ooooeeeeeerrrrr misses ! thats a bigun!

She'll have to be careful no one drives up it when she's at the lights...They might mistake it for the Blackwall Tunnel
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

are you chuffed with crane paul ? , that car is hanging there like a trophy :lol:
    i had the 3s and tranny on a 1.5 tonner, and it could barely cope, i then used a 2 tonner fold away, different brand to that one but very much like it. it did not look as strong as that one, and that was without half a skip hanging off the crane aswell ..
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

im very impressed with it adam,this was the ultimate test for it....and it did all this with the boom set at 0.5ton....it never flinched,its got one of the biggest rams ive ever seen on an engine crane.Ive since made an extended boom for reaching right over mk1 bays without taking the rear bumper off and next i want to chop the last 2 ft off the legs and splay them outwards so that the engine being lowered out of the bay doesnt sit on the legs,that annoys me at the moment!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

i lost some of the oil out of my ram recently after using it collect my SC engines and didnt have any to top it up with and the fecker would only lift 2 feet so had to be rather creative with the chains to et them out the back of a tranny (as in a van made by ford not a man in womans clothes before own chirps in!) ! have topped it up and owkr sperfect again but was an arse with no height on it !

that reminds me of one of those industrial crow scarers farmers use..you know the bottled gas powered boom gun ones..
    a gaping hole in the rear..im liking that..!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    next i want to chop the last 2 ft off the legs and splay them outwards so that the engine being lowered out of the bay doesnt sit on the legs,that annoys me at the moment!
    I used to have this problem, but I made a very basic engine trolley which would be around 6-8cm high, and with the engine sitting on that it clears the legs (just!) because you put the cambelt end of the engine between the legs and the end of the tranny over the left hand (viewed from behind) leg.
    :D

thats not a bad idea mal...ive got a suitable trolley too,but doesnt it mean the cars got to go higher to get it all out the back?

only a little bit - approximately this high:

:D
    Also the trolley *just* fits under the legs of the hoist which makes it very easy to get under there when you're dropping the motor

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast