Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new engine mount templates

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

The new engine mount templates

These are for use with the twobrutal engine jig but can also be used without the jig providing you get them in the right place,these shouldnt need trimming like the previous efforts in the downloads section,however if you are not cutting your rear wall and want to do your own engine positioning id recommend you use the original templates in the downloads section and trim them to suit your swap.

O/S/R

N/S/R

N/S/F

O/S/F
    Last edited by Paul Woods; 21-01-2006 at 15:15.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

wooo .dxf's now we are in business. anyone who has Dnc on the multipallet machiing centre in their garage :D .. can use these files to cnc mounts. can also be transferred into into other formats. well done chaps. :righton: excellent work. they resemble the origonals, naturally. I guess the front torque mount plates will be used as normal from origonal design?... p.s, is it not handing the goods on a plate? to would be organisations wanting to swap with these files?..
    Last edited by adamh; 22-01-2006 at 21:07.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

lol how cool is that...funny watching it spin in 3d! Adam when ive done the torque mounts i will do the front torque mount side templates as well.

Yes you may well see the odd company,naming no names, use these....not a lot we can do about that.Niks keen not to restrict any swap info from anyone,after all when he and i did our swaps it was all out there for the taking if you looked hard enough.Even if we stuck these into a restricted BIG member only section im sure they'd end up copied and sent to whoever wanted them....personally id only like TB Big members to have these as it encourages club membership but what can you do....

hrmm there are no angles on those templates and they dont"look" to be of scale size maybe im just stupid

angles? how do you mean mate?

as for the size they are perfect,trust them! :D

ok well if i can print off and trace and chop on a bandsaw its no biggy i didnt know if they are 100% to size:P

if you print off the cad files they are perfect,but if you print off the jpg templates at the top make sure the measurements on them are the same as your printed ones....for some reason printers have a bad habit of resizing stuff,not good!

hmm how do you print a cad file? i know i can take it to the local waterworks or lazer shop and get them cut out but other than that i didnt know they were any good to me

download this free viewer and it lets you print
    http://www.download.com/eDrawings-20...l?tag=pdp_prod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast