Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosewards Mk2 v6 swap

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Rosewards Mk2 v6 swap

We have been beavering away on this one for the past week, it was a bit of a rescue mission but the engine is now 100% correct mechanically and looks the dogs bits...

Oh it's going into a yellow mk2 just in case you didn't know!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Looks awesome as always, loving the yellow vacuum lines! Any pics of the target vehicle?

ps: on a sidenote, a while back you did a swap where you used another engine paint combi; black and some sort of copper or brass colour, can you remember wich one that whas?

Msherrys Mk1 v6 build i think?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Nice 'bunch-of-bananas' you got there
    .......Power is in the eye of the Dremel holder.....

Ah yes found it thanks! Ive asked 2 shops but neither can supply the heat resistant copper paint, any idea what brand you used?

On topic: Nice to see another 'standard' mk2.6 amongst all those semi hypercars! Whats are the specs on this? Ported heads? Lsd?

I can't seem to remember the brand, possibly Hycote?

This one has ported heads and an extended 5th, but pretty much all our V6 swaps get the 5th gear extension these days.

Hycote do several high temps exhaust paints there are also some at b and q that do radiators or high temp in bronze, have tried several in the past but after a year or so they all seem to flake of unless you bead blast then straight away paint them so it doesn't give the zorst time to oxidize.

If it's not broken, let me have a go !!

Engine is now in the car, more pics coming tomorrow.

Engine now wired and running, sounds very nice indeed Glenn :thumbsup:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast