Thread: A/C on a 3VZFE??

A/C on a 3VZFE??

Whats involved in getting the A/C to work on a 3VZFE in a SW20??

I've done a search but haven't come up with anything. I was hoping that someone out there had put A/C in their converison and could tell me what compressor they used, 3VZ or 3S? How they mounted it and plumbed it, and how they wired it up?

I figure that you will have to use the 3VZ compressor and modify the hoses to suit and then wire in the compressor clutch through the SW20's body wiring.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It is very easy, use the 3vz compressor, and the pipes that come from it, cut them about 6" from the pump.Do the same thing on the car, leave about 6" of rubber on the cars original AC lines.Join the hoses together with either barbed hose joiners or tight fitting steel tube/clips.We have had ours tested to 150psi with no problems.

Wiring wise you have one wire to connect.The AC clutch energiser wire, which is the black/white stripe wire on the compressor.This emerges on your camry harness so continuity test to confirm where it pops out of the loom.Join this B/W wire to the B/W wire on the large white plug in your engine bay fuse box.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I thought as much.

Thank you sir, your blood is worth bottling!!

Quote Originally Posted by just1n_mc View Post
    I thought as much.

Thank you sir, your blood is worth bottling!!
    Because it's alcohol free?

Because he bloody knows everything about MR2's!!

Having said that where is the A/C system joined to the switch at the dash? I understand that it comes out of the camry loom at the compressor but where is the camry loom joined to body loom of the car to marry the A/C switch to the camry loom?

Having said that where is the A/C system joined to the switch at the dash? I understand that it comes out of the camry loom at the compressor but where is the camry loom joined to body loom of the car to marry the A/C switch to the camry loom?
    At the B/W wire in the mk2 engine bay fusebox as per post #2 :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

My bad, for some reason I was thinking that it had to be wired into the engine ECU to control the thermo fan.

No, just that one wire and you are good to go :thumbsup: