Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiring issues / queries...

Wiring issues / queries...

Afternoon All,

have pm'd the legendary Mr Woods and hoping he can reply soon but thought i'd stick a quick post up to see if anyone else can point me in the right direction

I am at this stage.....

With no small amoutn of help from PW i might add...

I have everything needed connected in the bay to run, all fluids done and fuel hoses the lot, coil, igniter in place so engine looks pretty happy.

I am completely SHAT at wiring and need some help / advice.

1. the two white sockets in the fuse box in the engine bay - what should be connected into these?
    2. The battery / live connections (again the termianls in the fuse box) what should i connect here?
    3. Anyone got a guide on how to hook up the reverse light switch into the loom?
    4. 4th ECU plug on a rev2 GE loom - what do i do with this?

Mechanically i am sound - electrically i am a complete FUCKWIT so any help with pics would be...
    :fab:

Its all detailed in the wiring guide in the downloads sections. In great detail with pictures.
    It called an 'idiots guide' I did it so you should be OK lol

Got the idiots guide and am working through Garbe - guess i just need a little faith and go with the flow LOL!

Cheers for the prompt reply!

Dan :D

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    1. numerous connections made here, you really need to refer to the guide.If you get stuck on one just ask.

2.These need to go to the thick white wires on your v6 harness.

3.I think the reverse is in the guide too.... but off the top of my head you need to chop the old reverse plug off your old engine harness, that has two wires in it, a B/Y wire and a R/B wire.Join the B/Y to the thin B/Y on one of your white fusebox plugs,join the R/B wire to a R/B wire on one of your white fusebox plugs..... simples!

4. Keep it there until you have joined the V6 4th plug up, then either tape it up or chop it off.

Keep em coming lol

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Wiring the reverse light switch is in there, and this is from doing the swap in 1997.

1997?? wow hasad not only did you manage to wire up reverse but also fitted a flux capacitor :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Found a few differences LOL!

Missing the black/red stripe wire (starter solenoid) from this plug :banghead:

Donor is (was) a 95 Camry and had these 2 extra plugs - am i best off pulling these through the firewall?

Continuity checked and found the black/red solenoid starter wire on the smaller plug (wire still black / red stripe)

so i have the starter relay and the alternator wired now. Finding the starter solenoid wire elsewhere has given me a bit of confidence LOL!!!!

Sometimes the camry starter energiser is on the engine side of the loom and sometimes its on the boot side.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    1997?? wow hasad not only did you manage to wire up reverse but also fitted a flux capacitor :)
    Its Marty McFly I'll have you know. lol

I felt FUCKING legendary tonight!!! Absolutely flew though it - kicked off at 8pm and packed up at 1am!!!

I now have everything connected aside one i want to query - 2 thick wires on a grey plug (can post pics tomorrow if needed) 1 white 1 black - probably 8gauge wire. It says connect both of these to the big white wire in the fusebox but im not so sure. The white i agree with but the black is connected to the negative battery clamp? Should i just chop off ???

That's the other, i take it the negative battery clamp i simply remove the clamp and attach to a good chassis earth?

Cheer again, Dan :D

PS I wanna flux capacitor but i ain't stumpin up $175k LOL - anyone fancy going halves on one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast