Thread: What to do about the air con pump ?

What to do about the air con pump ?

Ok today I have started to tidy up and tighten up everything on the tubby lump and wondered what people did about belts as I want to lose the air con pump as wont be plumbing it and bet it would save some weight as well and I need all the help I can get in that department ! What has everyone done with this or are planning to do about it ?

step 1. remove aircon compressor from engine
    step 2. dismantle aircon compressor and look at how it works - it's an amazing multiple-double-ended-piston arrangement with a rotating "crankshaft" shaped like a wave, moving pistons up and down with reed valves.
    step 3. once you're done marvelling, either make an ornament out of the compressor, or bin it.

and you're done \\:D/

get rid of the a/c pump and then cut a belt, wrap it around till its the right length, mark it and measure. then pop down ur motor factors and give em the length etc and see what they can magic up for you

ok thats easy enough just wondered if there was anything more sophisticated than that which I was missing but obviously not ! Driftin you have me intrigued now so will have to have it apart and check it out ! Cheers thats that job sorted then !

yep binned mine too

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

ive got a spare :D
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Quote Originally Posted by adamh
    ive got a spare :D
    You do surprise me :---)

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

really adam how much you want for it ? oh no I dont need a spare one of these for future proofing do I ! hehehehe