Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MK3 sizes

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    paul i can already help regarding the ABS,it wont be affected at all.... its system is all standalone from the engine ecu,so that will work fine.

You will need to keep the current mk3 ecu wired in and powered up to the body side of the harness so your clocks still work,that was a major obstacle with nigella's swap as we didnt have a stock ecu to work with.Then you can send the audi engine signals,oil pressure,coolant temp etc to the mk3 ecu and it will work.

Dont worry about width,you have loads of that,as long as theres enough from front pulley to driveshaft exit point you are laughing.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cheers paul Much appreciatted and very good thinking o wise one

For more V6 power, I'd look at a VVti and new map, if not an emerald system which can control VVti, and maybe new injectors

Anyone know the distance between the towers and the firewall? :)

Hmmm, Mk3 manuals are no where to be found, unless you pay £150 from Toyota.

Maybe Nige could get the measuring tape out?

Sorry for not doing this before chaps, but if its dry tomorrow, measuring tape will come out and I'll get dimensions for Paul.
    I have been suitably prodded Olie! lol
    Not sure if Mk3 manuals have dimensions, but I will measure a few from the car itself.
    I was having a good look at the firewall lower area on sunday when I was helping to do a gearbox swap and this lower section looks seriously structural and will need substituting in some way, when its removed in the V8 version.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Cheers Nige,
    If you could get soem measurements that would superb, the 'hope' is that the bottom part of the firewall doesnt need moving and it smore of taking the slope out of it, but thos dimesions will tell.

The engine is 457mm long and 720mm wide and I need 690mm from fire-wall to driveshaft outputs.

i looked at nigels front crossmember and i think it will need moving forward but once the fuel tanks gone i cant see that being a major issue,and you can add bracing back into the chassis once the engines hung.

It just depends how daunted you are about cutting out a crossmember and moving it back.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Not at all monsieur, in fact I have my eye on a plasma cutter as we speak !
    i was thinking that the new bracing could also be used a a mount point for the gearbox too.
    Which I looking at a tdi 6 speed box, the driveshafts ar actually beefier than the A8's and obviously the box should be ok with the torque too.

ah the tdi 6 speed,a fine vintage :)

I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......I must re-read my posts before posting.......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast