Thread: datsun 240z arches

datsun 240z arches

unfortunately i ordered these arches before paul spoke of his wide arch kit as that would have saved me a lot of work and i mean a lot.

i bought them after seeing terjen's lovely looking motor and tried to get a similar look, however, feck knows how he fitted them because i couldnt do it.
    i decided to mount them and blend them into the body which has turned out ok.
    ive finally got the one side etch and high build primed today so i can now see the small inperfections and work them to a finish.
    the rear is pretty much spot on, the front has an area where it has slightly gained more curve but thats eay to fix.

i managed to get the skirts back on too and im very happy with the way they now fit.

got the other bloody side to do now

Looks spot on. I got mine too i just don`t have time to put them on yet. Looks good although i would have gotton Pauls arches if i didn`t already get those:)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    I'd rather give Mike Tyson a blow job in front of my mum and dad mate!
    :hidesbehi :hidesbehi :hidesbehi :hidesbehi

I prefer the way those ones are flared .

Jus dinnae tell the boss :whistle:

added the base coats and laquer, still need to flat down and polish but its not turned out too bad.
    actually i think it looks pretty much factory standard which is a good thing, the last thing i want is for the car to look like its been "blinged up" in halfords. :roll:

i also modified the air intake, ill be getting an apexi filter to sit in here as my current pipercross one is strangling my engine.

And yes it DOES look better in the flesh..

Top job here mate i'm green with envy...no Johnny not eaten any of your curry.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    loving the finished result mate,well worth the effort :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

thanks for the comments guys, ill be glad when this is all done, ive not driven my on the road since jae 07 :cry: