PDA

View Full Version : 1mzfe manual ecu?

decipherer
12-09-2007, 21:59
I know not a lot of people here have the intention to put a 1mzfe into their cars (compared to 3vzfe). But I hope you can help me with this.

I have found a 1mzfe manual ECU. The thing with the 1mzfe ECU's is they have the immobilizer built in and essentially you need the original ignition key to be able to use the ECU. And of course.. there is no key...
It seems that some camry's did not have the immobilizer option and hence do not have that function (activated?) in the ECU. I'm not sure if this is true for the 6 cylinder version or only the 4 cylinder cars.

Is there any way to find out if the ECU has a built in immobilizer? Maybe by checking the partnumber somewhere? The ECU says: 89661-06400

Paul Woods
13-09-2007, 07:08
im not getting a match for that part number at all,are you sure its correct?

what i can tell you though is that when i searched the epc for the transponder pickup ring on the ignition barrel all 1mz UK cars had them fitted,i cant find a UK car with just an illuminated ring around the ignition so this would indicate they are all transponder equipped.

I think theres a US version thats non transponder though,MRV6 has one fitted to his 1mz.

decipherer
13-09-2007, 08:12
I'm sure the part number is correct, not sure it matters but the ECU came from the USA (maybe that's why you could not find the part number?).

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/09/95.jpg

Will try to contact MRV6 to ask him for the part number of his ECU. Thanks :thumbsup:

Paul Woods
13-09-2007, 10:32
yeah if its a US ecu that'll be why,also you have a good chance of it being non theft deterrent,fingers crossed!

decipherer
13-09-2007, 18:57
Does anyone have any idea what the 'CE' means on this page? Can't find it anywhere. I thought maybe california emissions but they seem to be using 'CAL' for that.

http://www.enginecontrolunits.com/catalog/TOYOTA_CAMRY/1997_rnr.htm

OlberJ
13-09-2007, 18:59
Carbon Emissions?

decipherer
13-09-2007, 22:53
hmm.. for some reason I don't think that's it :)