PDA

View Full Version : update on the mk1.5

adamh
10-09-2007, 19:49
still sweet :mrgreen:

once i get in the car i just cant seem to turn in and go home, ive just got to drive past the turning and do another 10 mile round trip down the a27. its just so much more driveable than before. since raising the boost after 3000 mile of standard it unleashed yet another new animal :angel:, at first a little sheepish because of waste gate jamming issues i used to have, and generally not wanting to abuse the torque mounts. now since fittng the mbc i have not had the wg jamming problem for some obscure reason and decided to plant it in first today, the thing is now.. first gear passes with a mighty face lift lol :thumbsup:,you barely have time to take your hand off the wheel for the shift upto second 8O

you just gotta hold on :jump:

i'm really looking forward to getting it down the quarter mile and for a power test at the show which i believe there is a mobile set-up in the pits, ive no idea what is it at the moment so im hoping for maybe 250, that would be great at 12/13psi. im also finding the mbc fluctuates around 1 psi which aint too bad at-all

OlberJ
10-09-2007, 20:06
Video's or we don't believe you. :mrgreen:

Shorty
10-09-2007, 20:13
Video's or we don't believe you. :mrgreen:

My thoughts exactly:) Good to hear it`s still running sweet with no mechanical problems and such. Have you taken a look at the front torque mount to see if there are any damage like on penelope? Probably not but just to be sure:)

adamh
10-09-2007, 22:01
cheers for that tip off shorty, i'll check them soon. ah some videos, now i thought of that to give you some inspiration, and i did try but the thing is the camera I am using at the moment is great at still shots but really quite bad for movies, i tell you what i'll try my best to get some footage in the next day or so before she go's back in the garage if i can find somewhere off the road etc. see, we had a rare dry hot weekend down here i was abled to drive the thing funds allowing!! :thumbsup:.

touch wood no major mechanical problems as yet, only things to date bieng suspension geometry, leaky coolant pipes, jamming waste gate on the xs downpipe, the reverse light wire on gearbox (just a touch bare positive feed) touching the gearbox and shorting the charge fuse every now and again.. and the lead acid battery dying un-announced. i brought a new calcium battery on the weekend with a 440 amp cranking power, the usual for mr2 according to halfrauds.. is 510amp! .. but the battery tray i made a long while back was a bit to tight to fit the standard 510 sized battery so i had to step down a size.. never the less its made the world of difference to the starting.. she turns over like a machine gun now :) where as before the lead acid was just gutless

really, no major problems as yet. ive still some work to do in the trunk for finishing it off / ducting and painting and some liquid cooling tanks of sorts but im really happy so far.

Shugsta
10-09-2007, 22:21
Good to hear she's running strong and still supplying maximum grin factor Ad. You'll have the wee niggles ironed out in no time. Aye vids, we want vids.