PDA

View Full Version : On the look out for a 3STGE

risingsun
25-08-2007, 18:08
So.. the time has come and i need to get hold of the engine and ancillaries to make this conversion happen. If anyone knows of an engine available then plse let me know, rev3 preferably. Also, is there anywhere on here where there is a full shopping list of the parts needed for the conversion?:jump: :jump:

adamh
25-08-2007, 18:29
heres a shopping list :thumbsup: http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=2654

Shorty
26-08-2007, 11:34
I`ll keep my eyes open but for some reason they don`t apear that often anymore. And those i see are even more overpriced then mine was.

adamh
26-08-2007, 12:11
hanging out on imoc is sometimes likely to show a motor up, perhaps advertise that your hunting for one.

Shorty
28-08-2007, 11:19
I asked this guy in this thread: http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=9435

Hi there.

How much for all in the engine bay? Or if all is not there, how much for the block, head, turbo and manifolds?

Thank you,
Shorty

Answer:

hi there comp engine £1200+vat

Might get it down a bit:)
Shorty

risingsun
28-08-2007, 11:39
Is that about right for a rev3 engine?? Also, how much less would a rev2 block be assuming i can find one?

Shorty
28-08-2007, 13:11
it`s "about right" i would say. You could find them cheaper in breakers if your lucky but these things just rise in value all the time. I would give him an offer around £1000 for the entire engine bay. If you have the opportunity to go take it all out yourself to ensure you get everything i`d say it`s a pretty good deal.

I`ve seen "rearclips" been sold for higher than that and they don`t have all you need. If i understood his response from my question you get all in the bay.

As said you might get them cheaper but atleast you get it all here, you can`t be sure of that by getting those ebay "rearclips".

Sports Toyota Breakers
28-08-2007, 14:31
It's not a bad price if it includes absolutely everything you need - as Shorty says, quite often things get missed off (fuel pump being a prime example) or damaged during removal by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Rev2 packages go for quite a bit less - I'd be tempted to refresh these before fitting (HG change) but it's entirely possible just to bung it in and away you go.

Jon @ STB

risingsun
28-08-2007, 14:53
it`s "about right" i would say. You could find them cheaper in breakers if your lucky but these things just rise in value all the time. I would give him an offer around £1000 for the entire engine bay. If you have the opportunity to go take it all out yourself to ensure you get everything i`d say it`s a pretty good deal.

I`ve seen "rearclips" been sold for higher than that and they don`t have all you need. If i understood his response from my question you get all in the bay.

As said you might get them cheaper but atleast you get it all here, you can`t be sure of that by getting those ebay "rearclips".

Just emailed him on eaby and he wanted £2k plus VAT for the exact same thing he quoted you for?! Will have a think about things and revisit my budget before moving forward swith either rev2 or rev3.

Shorty
28-08-2007, 17:17
Gees.... WHat`s up with that. If you want i could arrange for the buy with the price i got or something. Let me know if we should find a way to get this one.

What a dick. Maby hes just checking out the market.

risingsun
29-08-2007, 20:12
Possibility of an engine for £200, however it has no turbo and no manifold. Bargain or hassle in getting other parts, what ya think?

plus thinkiing i could build a forged engine, i.e. piston etc. Just gonna go do some budgeting!

Marksman
29-08-2007, 20:15
I'd say it'd be a hassle for sure, to many little odds 'n' sods to buy them one at a time. Would be good for building up a second super dooper engine if you already had one with all the ancileries though.

Just my opinion,

Owen.