View Full Version : Wiring Loom Question

DRTY.2
12-08-2007, 07:11
Are there any differences in the loom between the 3VZ-FE and 4VZ-FE? The wreckers gave me a loom from a 4VZ-FE Windom, so was wondering if it could work or if I have to go back and get a new one?

sketchy
12-08-2007, 12:28
Windom looms have "extras"..cruise control for a start is a normal thing too find..even when its on a 3vz powered windom

I have yet too pull the windom and camry 3v looms off too compare side by side...against the wiring guide....few more jobs too do first, before I start too worry about that

but for ease of install, Id swap it for a camry loom...for piece of mind

DVSMR2
14-08-2007, 08:29
as i said when u txt me and asked me, there are most likely some diferences so no it prob wont be useable, id just get a 3vzfe loom instead to save the hassles.

btw darren, one thing i can confirm is that the ecu plugs are completely different on the camry and windom looms, thus different ecu. oh and the coil/ignitor setup is exactly the same and is interchangeable. if that helps any

sketchy
14-08-2007, 16:24
Yes Brett....

I pulled the dash outta the camry yesterday...only found the ECU...unlike the windom with its 2 box setup...so I had already figured that out:P

DRTY.2
15-08-2007, 07:13
I know what ya told me... just checking to see if it's possible, lol

sketchy
15-08-2007, 08:00
its possible...just more complicated than it needs be....lol

as your probably likely too be the first too use a windom loom...(as they dont get them most other places....unless somebody has a wiring guide too go from a lexus ES300 too sw20)