PDA

View Full Version : First its the bloody speedo drive now the rad

Paff
08-08-2007, 07:45
Things seem to be going wrong 1 by 1.

Got back from work last night and looked at the front of ther car to discover a puddle of water forming on the floor. Lokks like the feckin rad has decided to give up now. Was missing a fair bit of water from the system when I went back out to check after it was cooled.

Gonna fix the rad and the speedo drive asap and then I'll start taking bets on the next bit to give up on me.

Garbe
08-08-2007, 10:00
I think the rad probably went due to the extra pressure from the 3vz, as one of my heater pipes decided to spring a leak once the swap was done - i did have the tank out to change the pump and the pipes were throughly checked.

on the bright side - once its done you've got one less thing to worry about.

Jiff Lemon
08-08-2007, 10:16
Indeed, look on the positive side Paff; You spotted it now, not 4 days time when it's self destructed at high speed, taking the v6 with it.

Unless you swap ever single component during the swap, you're bound to come up against stuff like this.

Paff
08-08-2007, 15:06
spose so guys, its just really annoying as its the only thin I don't think I have a spare of :(

JB
08-08-2007, 21:29
spose so guys, its just really annoying as its the only thin I don't think I have a spare of :(

Hey its character building. You gotta expect snags to sort but you must admit the drive is worth the ballache!

BTW if you got all those spares how would you like to swap your spare turbo gearbox for a rad??!! :mrgreen:

Paff
08-08-2007, 23:38
hmm, tempting offer there actually mate. postage may be a bit of a git altho the only spare box I have is a rev1 non lsd one.