PDA

View Full Version : post swap problems

adamh
07-06-2007, 22:01
since driving the mk1.5 about for this week so far a few small minor faults have showed up, most of it self inflicted so to speak.. i'll air them anyway. during the first day of driving i had not notice my 10A engine fuse had blown again, that was the fuse that had caused the alternator not to charge in that previous problem which was replaced with this fresh item. i'm not too sure why it had blown again i can only imagine after some very spirited driving/testing on monday the alternator may have been overcharging?, does that sound likely to anyone more knowledgable there?. i have since uprated that fuse to 15A, no blows since.

the second issue i had today, which was the boost dissapeared 'just like that' after a spirited take off, the car still ran but with no positive pressure at-all. A quick check of pipes and fittings showed no pipes had blown off, so i went back to the garage and i stuck my head underneath to see if anything was amiss, everything looked good under there, i had a prod of the wastegate actuator rod with a tool and it un-seized itself right then. So it appears i have an interference issue there with the internal WG flap and the usual XS power de-cat pipe, now i did fettle a bit off the interference point before so i guess it will have to come off again. I wont do that until i have a controller fitted for the boost, it has been allright for four days but only just now seized on i would imagine a boost spike'.

third issue encountered is that again the 4-3 error code has shown up and i drove home in safe mode this evening (literally lol) 7pounds/inch of maximum boost. code 4-3 is the starter signal not reaching the ecu pin A11, so i'll strip back the loom tape again and probe the wires out again / check starter relays etc.

no other issues to report yet :thumbsup:

Sponge Bob
07-06-2007, 23:13
Are you running the engine bay fans on a permenant 12v so they come on while the engines running? I'm sure Paul mentioned something about upping a fuse when you do that!

adamh
07-06-2007, 23:21
you maybe right :) i'll have a delve about on the info.

Paul Woods
12-06-2007, 07:15
yeah if you pull more load from the engine fuse it needs upping,i slot a 15amp or 20 amp in there and it never blows again.

ad you will also get a code 43 if you bump started the car for any reason,like a stall going downhill and letting your clutch up to restart.

superchargedsam
12-06-2007, 09:13
Christ Adam I read the title and thought perhaps this was a non car realted thread and there had been something you had been keeping from us, was expecting:

well op went well but now every time I take a pee it squirts out my belly button is this normal post swap behaviour?

adamh
12-06-2007, 11:06
thanks for making it easy for me sam :-) , I wonder if we got searched by people looking for the same phrase!?. now then.... just stick an icepole up there it'l be cool..

cheers paul, I'm slowly understanding little bits, my uprated 15A, blew out yesterday after a launch so will be moving up to 20A now, must buzz them fans out and see what they draw.

JB
12-06-2007, 21:20
Bet you got a big smile permanently now!
Look forward to seeing your car after the awesome work you've done.

adamh
12-06-2007, 22:47
aye its good fun cheers jb, nothing like riding your own work brain whirs away steady rate :nerd: , really owe it to the chaps who put it on the map.. deano plumey , and this side for us, paul. nice one :)