PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading injectors

MRV6
21-05-2007, 21:09
I've just bought some 440 cc supra mkiii turbo injectors. Brad has them as an upgrade on his engine build. The injectors are about 4-5 mm shorter than the 1mz injectors and the 3vz injectors. Here's a pic (cheers fourveesix).

According to Brads FAQ, you will need a DSM injector isolator/o-ring for the bottom of the injector. So far, no leaks.

I would just like to make people aware that when buying injectors, they may be a need to mod em to make them fit.

Here's the FAQ section for the v6 swap on the v6 board.

7. Fuel and Air control

What size injectors do I need to run at 7psi, 9psi?

I'm using the MK III Supra turbo injectors (440cc)

What other Toyota injectors will fit the stock rails/heads?

Most top feed injectors will fit. I used a DSM injector isolator/o-ring for the bottom of the injector. So far, no leaks.

What is the best way to modify the fuel rails to hook up to the MR2 fuel pump setup?

I prefer the Earls, or AN setup. However, one could probably modify the stock MR2 fuel line to fit the 94/95 V6 single inlet fuel line.

What pump do I need to run 7/9psi?

The stock turbo pump should be adequate. However, if you're buying and changing a pump, I say go with the MK IV supra turbo pump.

There are a few cut vacuum lines coming off the engine, can I plug these?

Yes, just make sure you understand what they were originally intended to do.

cantfindausername
22-05-2007, 08:47
Would a stock rev1/2 440cc injector be a better fit?

MRV6
22-05-2007, 09:02
Turbo injectors are side feed, not sure about n/a's.

cantfindausername
22-05-2007, 09:04
scuppers that idea then doesn't it lol

Johnny P.
23-05-2007, 21:54
For my 1mzfe I used early supra turbo injectors and nissan 240 large o-rings that I turned down on my bench grinder with a fixture I made from some washers and a bolt, injector height was perfect for the stock rails. Use the early 1mzfe rails with the return fuel line and regulator. I used a modifed fuel line from a 3vz. You wont be able to use whatever that secondary port is between the o-rings on the 1mzfe ( idle air maybe? ) I have stand alone so it was not a issue for me, I just plugged the hose connections at the end of the intake.

LEAKIE TBAR
24-05-2007, 12:07
Standard fuel set up's all turbo's are side feed and the NA's are top feed

Nippon Denso

Limeymk1
31-05-2007, 15:52
Standard fuel set up's all turbo's are side feed and the NA's are top feed

Nippon Denso

Aren't the early turbo injectors found on the ST165 top feed. :hmm: