PDA

View Full Version : Non PAS to PAS

Andy.B
17-05-2007, 19:53
Posted on the IMOC but no certain 100% yes or no answers.

Right im reshelling my Mk2. The shell im getting is perfect paint and bodywork but has no PAS unlike my import.

I have everything i need to go over to PAS from my car, so does anyone know if its possible?

I know i have to cut a hole for the PAS motor and drill 2 holes for the PAS fluid tank to mount it.

Anything else?

Garbe
17-05-2007, 23:56
Why add weight - my non pas is so light

Andy.B
18-05-2007, 05:06
Cos i like my creature comforts :lol: Plus i have 18x7.5 on the front and i dont fancy turning them manually while parking

Paul Woods
18-05-2007, 06:37
andy its definately possible,from what i know you need to change a front harness so it includes all of the PS tails,along with the PS ecu,driver unit,relay,pump and reservoir you will also need to fit the PS steering column...im pretty sure you need to do that because it has the PS rotation sensor just behind the wheel,not sure if this sensor will just bolt onto a non PS equipped column,i suspect not....and i think the length of the column may well be different too due to the rack fitment....best change the column.

But its definately doable,not something id like to tackle myself but its been done a few times before by others