PDA

View Full Version : I know what your thinking....

sketchy
10-05-2007, 14:32
and your probably gonna ask me...."how could you?"

but has anyone tried putting the 3vz and matching AUTO box's, into an sw20?
does it need more clearance/checking chassis rails too fit?(seems about the same size when its sitting on the floor next too the 3s and box)...Ill find out soon enough, if nobody knows...as Im nearly at that stage(just need too tie the jungle gym too the struts....front and back)

:hidesbehi I know Im gonna get it...I would be toast on the local site..

thanks for any heads up, that you can offer:)

mk1gus
10-05-2007, 15:03
auto box?????
oh dear

sketchy
10-05-2007, 15:20
auto box?????
oh dear

yes an auto box...

I have already been asked how much crack Im smoking...rotflmao

and its a reasoned decision...all will become clear once I get the build website up...probably about october...

rather spend the time working on the car....or working too buy MORE bits for the car....then building websites...

cantfindausername
10-05-2007, 15:26
yeah immediate thoughts are the engine mounts. all would need to be addressed I think.

sketchy
10-05-2007, 15:32
we were intending too graft the windom/camry subframe into the "thing"...so we could support the box in the correct places....

was just wondering...and yes Tony...you did just send a mount too me

Darren...Yellow sw20 turbo(standard)
and a green/red sw"thing" with an empty engine bay

floss
10-05-2007, 17:42
would be cool idea

Jiff Lemon
10-05-2007, 20:28
in the words of Coldplay - "If you never try, you'll never know"

Actually think it'd be fairly easy to do; As Ant has already said, possibly a little mount fabrication (remember, 3 of the mounts are fastened to the gearbox) and don't forget that you'll need to sort the selector cable out - on the camry it'll be at the back of the engine, rather than the front on the 2.

What ever you do, plenty of pics please :)

sketchy
10-05-2007, 22:04
funny...the windom(toyota badged lexus sedan) donor must have a different box too the camry...as the selector is on the front:)...though I have not looked under the bonnet of a local camry too check yet

dont worry...there is already almost a gig of hi res pics(over 400 now)....from stripping the first 2... the windom...and some of the red one...

and then lots of pics of the chassis fab work...will probably be more after today...as Im out too the workshop before work

so I should even get the man in the engine bay photo today too:rasp:

Jiff Lemon
11-05-2007, 09:16
Doh! Silly me, you're correct the selector IS on the front of the box making it even easier!

sketchy
11-05-2007, 10:17
after a bit of a chat...with a guy who does all sorts of things with cars...for other people...

we reckon the best idea at this stage is find a standard auto box....out of a gen3(hopefully)....at least the mounts will work

OlberJ
11-05-2007, 10:31
Only issue with that may be the ratios. But i dunno what they're like on a 3sge auto.

sketchy
12-05-2007, 09:11
well I have found an auto dash cluster....need too fit a V6 tach too it now....but I already have a donor car and a place too stash it till all I need is off it and the "thing" is running:)