View Full Version : a few questions

cantfindausername
05-05-2007, 20:02
A few questions have cropped up from taking the engine out.

1 - The camry has a big gearbox support under the sump. Do we need that for the transplant?
2 - The driveshaft carriers are different, do we need the camry one for the transplant?

Or do these parts from the 3SGE bolt on to the camry lump?

Also, what part of the Gauge cluster do we need? I know its something to do with the rev counter, but not certain which bit specifically.

Thanks,

Ant :freak3:

lodgeman
05-05-2007, 22:43
if you are using the 3sge gearbox then you use the shafts from the car as well. there is no carrier on the 3sge as its a longer shaft. the alloy plate under the sump can be used but will need some work to make fit. i have used this part but some others havent, it is up to you . the part you need is the rev counter, there is a 4 pin circuit inside that you need to remove. :thumbsup:

Paul Woods
06-05-2007, 09:27
^what he said^ :)

cantfindausername
06-05-2007, 10:23
Yeah we're using the 3SGE gearbox and shafts. I would have thought that all "long side" drive shafts had carriers on them? I know the turbo ones do. What do people do that are converting from them?

Will we be ok to use the end plates from the 3SGE gear box and the block/g/box supports from it as well?

I'm just not seeing how all this stuff mounts together at the moment.

Garbe
06-05-2007, 10:50
I used the camry plate -
Also on the NA gearbox 5 of the bolts line up, 4 will bolt up no probs. for the 5th one you will need to get a long bolt (iirc 10cm) and use a nut on the other side.

midnightraven
06-05-2007, 11:06
is that on the front of the engine/box?

just been reading a write up which says two of the holes on the engine need to be drilled out as they are threaded. Is that right?

Paul Woods
06-05-2007, 11:21
only on a select few nina,most of them dont need drilling,in fact ive only come across one engine that did need drilling.

midnightraven
06-05-2007, 11:23
i think it was your original mk1 write up that i was reading! :lol: