PDA

View Full Version : general V6 service items.

msherry21
05-05-2007, 13:42
Hi all, just thought I'd ask for a few opinions on general parts for the V6 like:

1. Whats the best oil to use? and any specific brand people prefer: 10w 400?

2. What the preferred coolant for the V6? (Toyota's red for life?)

3. What are the best spark plugs for the V6? and preferred metal? copper, iridium or platinum?

4. Will the V6 run fine on 95 ron or is better to use V-power?

I'm sure I/ someone else may have more questions to add to this.

cheers,

Michael.

foxy-stoat
05-05-2007, 15:46
The v6 runs fine on 95 ron fuel, as thats what toyota uk mapped it on, unlike the JDM turbos, i havent used the v power tho...bit too expensive when you've done 10,000 since November '06 !!

I changed the plugs for some bosch supers, cant remember the numbers, they were the cheapest Halfaurds had to offer. I'd prefer to the NGK's that Paul used when the swop was done, as the power seems a little down than before.

10w 40 semi synethic oil is what i have used, standard brand....unless you love the £40+ for 4ltrs of mobile1...i know you should get the bestest oil you can afford for any engine. But when an engine has done 160,000, using mobile 1 over a cheaper oil cant have that much benefit.

As for the coolant, you'd have to look in the service book for the recommended one, but i guess Toyota will reccomend their 4 life stuff, as with the MR2 engines.

:)