PDA

View Full Version : The Papal Hood Vent

nik
02-05-2007, 05:38
i thought i would start a dedicated thread to the papal vent seeing as though i am getting enquiries regarding it and no specific thread to point people at, following the mr2only article..

background: this is a mod i did a few years back as an alternative to a full blown hood and frunk chop job as a way to minimise the aero associated front end lift of the mk1 at high speeds..
it doesnt intrude into the frunk area, is very easy to do and for me was the first step down the road of grinderism..
the pictures are pretty self explanatory imho so no real need for a full step by step guide..just use the pics for reference..

nik
02-05-2007, 05:41
others..

http://forums.twobrutal.com/showpost.php?p=32184&postcount=22

superchargedsam
02-05-2007, 09:32
Thats gonna have to be a must on even the most stock looking MK1!

MartG
02-05-2007, 10:13
Thats gonna have to be a must on even the most stock looking MK1!

When you look at it, you think "why didn't Toyota do it in the first place" it looks so right

superchargedsam
02-05-2007, 10:17
exactly! I want to keep my SC bodywork 100% stock as I do really like what toyota did with it but the front end feel is not good at all at speed and this looks so stock anyway it suits it perfectly! Didnt realise until tother week Harrys SC has it and becuase its so stock looking I didnt notice for ages!

Zip
02-05-2007, 10:18
When it rains where is the water going to go? :eh:

It will drop to the road wont it? If it pools in the frunk there there could be more tin worm problems then there already is? <:(

MartG
02-05-2007, 10:27
Water just falls straight through to the ground