PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Haters on IMOC

Charged
26-04-2007, 09:14
Sorry to post here, please move this post if there is a problem. I need to be careful what I say as i am heavily associated with IMOC. I thought I'd post here as its big members only

Whats with all the 1.5 haters on IMOC? Whats with all the attitude towards them? Jealousy? Purism?
Its beginnig to piss me off

Hopefully as the 1.5 become more common attitudes will change?

:rant:

Ollie

waynestoyotamr2
26-04-2007, 09:29
Lets answer the critics with FACTS (no, I dont mean cartest stats)

Get one or two 1.5's down to an IMOC organised trackday and show them who's boss, thats my thoughts!! ;)

wangan_x
26-04-2007, 09:30
x2... got a link to said thread/s

nik
26-04-2007, 09:44
im staying well away from this thread..lol..

superchargedsam
26-04-2007, 09:47
Ollie I just tend to stay out of it but know exactly where your coming from. I dont understand the attitude and it mostly stems fromd esire to make the 4AGE powerful. I have a very tidy MK1a in the garage which with not much work would be close on concourse bodywise. The engine in that is a 4AGE and cost me best part of £7k just for engine work 8 or so years ago, cyclinder head was 2.5K plus the VAT I had the block bored sleeeved rebored and honed, all the rotating assembly was sent off to a rally team to be balanced end to end, basically its a tuned and blue printed engine. That price doesnt include extrs like the TRD copy exhuast the ultralight flywheel etc. Now with all that money and work that engine will still be lucky to be pushing 180bhp so its a no brainer imagine the spec of a 1.5 with £7k thrown at the whole project not just the engine, most of us on here are building or have built decent 1.5s under a £5k budget with supercar performance. DOnt get me wrong the 4AGE is a decent engine for sure but to get any power at all over standard will take big big money and I dont care what anyone says it will. The 4AGZE is an amazing bt of kit and I would never be without one as I just love it for constant fun factor but a 1.5/1.6 will ALWAYS be more powerful pound for pound spent and there is no argument to that!

Leave them to it and like wayne said (and lets face it he has had a toyota or 2!) leave it till it comes to a track day or drag session or even better still a day on the rollers! The naysayers will soon backdown with real life proof. Bit like all the banter on here about MK2s, I for one actually quite like the MK2 tubby and nearly bought one instead of the GT4 but practicality stopped me, on here its all just fun and banter as deep down we all have some mutual respect for each others motors.

Stu
26-04-2007, 09:55
Its just jealousy

waynestoyotamr2
26-04-2007, 09:57
I agree Sam, and Ollie - comtemplated not even contributing to the thread on IMOC as I really CBA arguing with the "1.5 haters" especially when you see comments like "why would I buy a 1.5 like that with crap suspension" hmmmmm well, the intelligent amongst us would buy that 1.5 for £2000, spend a few quid on the suspension and making sure its well fettled and then at the end of it, end up with a £5000 car for £2500 - pretty basic really!

I am just as well placed as anyone I think to comment on Mk1's, dont get me wrong, the Mk1 4AGE is still an absolutely thrilling car, and still my first love - but whats wrong with deviating into something different?

It seems to me that the people that dont own a 1.5 are dismissing it are over-hyped, over-priced and generally a waste of money - but the people that have got one (incidentally, I havent got mine yet, but will have this weekend!) are saying "hang on a second - just listen will you!!"

I remember a few threads a while back on IMOC saying how over-rated the SC was etc.... It ran out of puff at high revs, this that the other - yes, maybe it does, but I still love SC's!!!

What goes around, comes around, remember how young the 1.5 still is, not alot of people believe (or want to believe) what they read, give it time and attitudes will soon change!!

Paff
26-04-2007, 10:11
My opinion..............

let them say what they want.

I'm gonna be building my mk1.6 because I want to not cos anyone else says its crap or good. Ok it may be a bit of an ongoing project, suspension will not be changed instantly but won't be left standdrd for too long (once I get extra money together). but the brakes are going to be done straight away and I'll just have to be a little more carefull until I do get the shocks done. Once its all sorted tho it will be going to a trackday or 2 and if it isn't as good as their standard mk1's (highly unlikely) I'll hold my hands up and say ok you guys win but still I built it thats all that matters :)

If someone wants to throw money at their 4a good on them but I think its just a waste.

nik
26-04-2007, 10:16
firstly i must say watch what you say, dont make any comments personal..i wont tolerate it and its not what TB is about..
also lets not turn this into an IMOC hating thread, this is about a few individuals personal views and no comments should be made about IMOC in general..ta

right,
theyre blinkered philistines..
its jealousy, its self protection and defence of their own way of life..
its defending their own personal views (dumbfounded ones) and their pride and joy..
its down to taste, ego and trying to maintain a moral high ground when their own world seems to be cracking around their feet..
its also protection of their own community in a way..TB is mk1.5 and thats why we are hated by certain groups..
its all of the above and much more..

its also automatic hate of everything new and ground breaking (yes the world is round, so call me a witch and burn me at the stake)..

the mk1 is a great car but its weak. the suspension is crap, the brakes are shockingly bad and the 4age? great for a 700kg kit car but cmon its piss poor in a tonne of car..
the mk1.5 is a young invention but one that will grow and grow over time..

this runs very deep..believe me..

tbh i now dont give a flying fuck what anyone says..the mk1.5 is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior motor to the mk1..i know that and anyone else who says otherwise knows shit about nothing..

OlberJ
26-04-2007, 10:19
lol Yasssss!

Paff
26-04-2007, 10:45
you go nik, say it like you mean it, altho I agree completly

superchargedsam
26-04-2007, 10:46
Fuck it if you cant decide which is best then do what I do and just have one of each :hidesbehi

TBH I would never ever ever have spent what I did on the 4AGE knowing what I know now but that was years ago when not much was readily available in the UK for it and I lived at home and piad no rent or morgage and earnt good money so was easy to do. I think the MK1 looks uber cool and is the car everyone buys coz they dreamt about straight lines of ferraris and lambos but couldnt afford one and this was next best thing. But trouble like nick says is they look the part but dont go the part and there are plenty of mildly tuned saxos and pugs that would eat a mk1 in standard trim and the saxo and pug brigade have huge range of tuning options which the 4AGE lets face it doesnt. Try building a high power 4AGE for under 2.5k these days and it just aint gonna happen and when I say high power I mean 200bhp+ as 160bhp aint high power as thats just a standard 4AGZE with filter and zorst really or even just a bog standard 20v 4AGE!

Horses for courses I love my tuned MK1a even if it has yet to move a wheel or prove its metal, I love the 1.5 as its growing to a fully finished car, I think my SC is the nuts and will always have it with me, my celica when its running and road legal is a monster piece of kit that chases down and eats all but the quickest of bikes on the twisties which is no mean feat as I have some damn quick bikes as well!

I have driven podges 1.5 and Aland 1.6 and both utterly awesome machines in very different ways, I ant choose so will probably end up with one of each just to be sure ;)

Its all this turbo verse SC verse NA debate as well, each has its virtues and set up right can all be uber fun.

Each to there own I fucking hate mercs and beemers and wouldnt own one but I see why people like them as they are usually quite quick and luxury driving so fair play.

I hated autos and slated them every time I got chance, I now drive one every day and will never go back to manual for commuter driving as it makes life more enjoyable and stress free when sat in a traffic jam every moning or blasting 300 miles across the country for a big meeting!

I use to hate trucks and vans but am now decidin which one to order as I now like them haiving tried a few out and feel they do exactly what I want them to.

I ferking hate marrow fat peas and tried them once didnt like them wont eat them again. There is probably not another food on the planet I wont try at least once, if I dont like it I wont have it again but I never go urgh dont like that if I havent tried it!

Dont knock what you havent tried!

Limeymk1
26-04-2007, 10:47
As said above I'm staying out of it as well! lol

I've looked into all the tuning/modding for the Mk1 from n/a 4AGE tuning, GZE swap and turboing. And ended up with a V6. rotflmao

It's still (mostly) an MR2 and that's all that matters to me.

Just got to get my arse in gear and finish the damn thing!

superchargedsam
26-04-2007, 10:48
good point limey not like were putting french engines in our jap beasties!

Murf
26-04-2007, 10:53
Going slightly off topic i always got the feeling in various owners clubs that the Mk1 was the poverty model, the car you got if you couldnt afford a Mk2, i always get the feeling i'm being looked down on!
Not by anyone on here or any of the scottish members ive met, of course! Thats in a tiny amount partly why i like the 1.5, it takes the "poverty model" bit and rams it right up them!!
I also always loved the shape of the Mk1, the way the word toyota reflects through the visor onto the rear window, the way the body is angular, yet still curvy in the right places, the flat rear deck behind the rear window.......*cue sepia toning and "olden days" film style*

Jiff Lemon
26-04-2007, 10:57
Dont knock what you havent tried!

Sums it up in a nutshell.

Its not unique to TB/IMOC. Happens in ALL car clubs. Something comes along that challenges the "old guard" and so one of two things happen.

1) Its accepted and everyone benfits
2) Its mocked, dismissed and everyone goes their separate ways.

What I LOVE about TB are the people we have here. When Woodsy first announced he was dropping a V8 in lilly, did we riduclue him? Nope. When he started putting V6's in Mk2's did we argue that it wasn't a MK1 and therefore shouldn't be allowed on TB? When Tony dropped a 4wd V6 in his celica did we point and mock?

On here I find it's less about the cars and more about the engineering and thought that goes into them. We're not afraid to push boundaries and try new things.

Frankly I don't care if you've a bog standard mk1 or a space framed twin-engined Mk3, as long as you're open minded and prepared to take the piss out of Johnny G, you're more than welcome on here.

nik
26-04-2007, 11:11
a quick hello :rasp: to our friends on the IMOC moderators forum..

OohMatron
26-04-2007, 11:14
I agree with Jiff :thumbsup:

Limeymk1
26-04-2007, 11:15

Hello! :rasp: :toms: lol

superchargedsam
26-04-2007, 11:17
another way at looking at TB is not TwoBrutal but ToyotaBrutal becuase as Jiff mentioned we hve Tony on here whos first conversion was into a sillycar! Kelly has done it into a corolla gti which is next on my list hence collecting parts for it. Paul is using a toyota V8 so is podge its all about toyota but you dont hear the rolla forums banging on about what a stupid idea it is now do you!

Charged
26-04-2007, 11:32

Hi!

I've opened a can of worms here!

I've got all three as well, Mk1na, Mk1sc and Mk1.5. Different strokes for different folks, I've been saying that so many times recently I'm bored! What I cannot stand is knowledgeable Mk1 owners doubting the 1.5 becuase they think they are expensive/unreliable/over weight.

These people need to shut the fuck up and go out for a drive in a 1.5 before forming their own (misguided) opinions.

:rant:

Sponge Bob
26-04-2007, 11:35
As Nik has quite rightly said, it's purely down to self-preservation and jealousy... people are starting to take more than just a flighted interest in TB and the fact that so many people are going on about how cheap and relatively simple it is to create such a powerful mk1, so it makes sense to go on the attack to destroy one's opponents...

All we must do is stay out of the politics - there's no need to try and get involved in arguments - waste of time. Instead, spend efforts creating and posting videos and stats of what we can do!

Once my car is up and running properly, they'll be some videos created for sure - and I know which two sites i'll be posting them on... they'll speak far louder than someone saying "it's such a rush" and "the acceleration is... etc"

All I can say is - we'll do you proud at JAE Nik... people will be flocking around our finished articles with awe, asking for quick test-runs and what not!

MartG
26-04-2007, 11:35
Going slightly off topic i always got the feeling in various owners clubs that the Mk1 was the poverty model, the car you got if you couldnt afford a Mk2, i always get the feeling i'm being looked down on!

Though its odd the number of posts recently from long-time Mk2 owners who have bought a Mk1 ( usually "while the Mk2 is being worked on" ) basically saying "gosh, now I see what you mean about the Mk1" lol

superchargedsam
26-04-2007, 11:37
Yes Mart and most of these have bought tired old Mk1s in dsperate need for upgraded chassis compenents and brakes so imagine them in a well sorted MK1 chassis!

Limeymk1
26-04-2007, 11:46
Yes Mart and most of these have bought tired old Mk1s in dsperate need for upgraded chassis compenents and brakes so imagine them in a well sorted MK1 chassis!

lol I took a Mk2 tubby owning friend out for a ride in my mk1 and found out later that I scared the crap out of him because of how late I was braking and the speed I took round-abouts at. IIRC I wasn't even pushing it at the time!

monkeymax
26-04-2007, 11:54
I must say, even as a non-owner of any of the faster Mk1s (I've only got an N/A but would love to go the Mk1.6 or even just SC route some time not too long from now!) even I'm getting annoyed with the Mk1.5 bashing. I'd be a little bit more understanding if they had tried the different cars out but it seems as though few of them have.

At the end of the day though, it doesn't really matter (this is kinda why I never bothered posting in any of the threads, I just thought they were getting silly and out of hand). It's the choice of the owner as to what they love and do to their cars, not the club owners.

I'm all for keeping a car original and mint - I can see the appeal in doing that. But at the same time, I love the idea of realising the potential of a decent engine in a decent car... IYSWIM... Heck, I love the idea of the Mk1.5 and 1.6 based solely on what I've read about them and the vids I've seen of them (Oh, and following Lodge's Mk1.5 on the London Run last year, and getting left well behind! ;) ). I've never even sat in one, so probably don't have the strongest of positions in that respect...

At the end of the day, I get asked why I bought an MR2 when I could've put that money towards a 'younger, easier' car. It's simply because I love the Mk1 and it's a car gives me a huge smile each time I see it and even bigger whenever I drive it. It's a feeling of pride and passion.

IMO it's the same with the Mk1.5. Yes, the money could buy you a younger car, but will that car give you the same feeling as your 1.5?

I'll stop blabbering now - I guess you guys are more aware of the 'feeling' than I am!

Charged
26-04-2007, 12:05
Spot on post Max :thumbsup: And I'm glad i am not the only one with the opinion about 1.5 bashing on IMOC.

Pisses me right off for the very reasons you have listed above.

Last night after doing a whole tank of petrol (160 miles from £28 - eeek!) in my 1.5, I was grinning from EAR TO EAR and I was sweating like a rapist from the adrenalin pumping through me everytime I was on boost! Stick that up your 4age and smoke it! (not you max sorry!)

monkeymax
26-04-2007, 12:13
LOL, Ollie!

I was just debating whether I should add a disclaimer to my post... I still really like IMOC and the people on there. I've some good friends on there, have gained a lot of knowledge, and there are great meets. I just don't like it in general when people knock something they haven't tried. Don't worry Ollie, I share your feelings! :)

Lee
26-04-2007, 13:00
You'll all remember when the DC tried to create just one super club? They saw their empire falling and realised they had to do something. Probably the same here. The more Mk1.5's about the less original Mk1's there is. They find it a threat to their particular section of the club and feel they have to attack it.

I'll watch with interest as this is exactly what is going to happen as more and more V6 MK2's start popping up. Cannot remember a single V6 thread staying unlocked for its duration so far (except on here)...................maybe it will change.

All I say is leave them to their blinkered views.:thumbsup:

David Sleith
26-04-2007, 13:38
Although I agree with all of the above I don't think we want to start anything in a thread that makes the issue worse.

Lets not lower ourselves and just keep the tone friendly. They have their opinion and we have ours. Each to there own.

Sponge Bob
26-04-2007, 14:05
David, how can we be making an issue worse by defending ourselves??

The very fact that there is an "issue" which can be "worsened" (which we didn't create) speaks volumes!!

I for one will not stand idley by and allow the mis-informed to mock something they have no knowledge of - constructive criticism/opinion is great - blatantly blind attacks are not.

This forum needs to get some fucking bollocks!! You don't need to "lower yourself" or be rude etc etc to defend yourself/put your points across - it just takes careful, and diplomatic wording and you can easily quash all negativity.

Shugsta
26-04-2007, 14:08
Dave, you missed out the part that goes something like

"... and git it right fuckin' up them" lol Being serious for a rare moment, I too agree, we'll leave it to the cars to do the talking on this one.

Shugsta
26-04-2007, 14:14
I know where your coming from Ash, there's nothing gets my goat quite like people mouthing off about something they know feck all about. In time they are all put in their place so until that happens, I choose to not allow them to steel one bit more of my energy, especially the positive energy.

Long live the 1.5 et al

superchargedsam
26-04-2007, 14:29
why dont we organise a mini TOTB for just MK1s then with no restrictions on what the cars had done to it!

Think that would resolve any issues once and for all!

Paff
26-04-2007, 14:42
Lee I don't think any thread has ever been locked on here tbh. Its not the way to do things anyway, everyone has their opinions and unlike on various other forums we tend to ignore the idiots and twist their threads into Johnny and Paul pistakes instead. For some reason they don't seem to hang around for long, spose its down to the fact they can't cause problems between us all :)

Shorty
26-04-2007, 14:42
This is a dangerous thread and when Nik wrote "m staying well away from this thread", i thought, that might be smart. But then i kept reading:thumbsup:

Don`t mind it. They want to stick with a standard mk1 thats perfectly fine. We don`t so why bother being a dick about it?:beer:

Paff
26-04-2007, 14:48
Well said shorty.

Let IMOC keep spamming their own forums with 1.5 and V6 bashing sessions, who cares, the truth of these particular mutations of mr2 is here and one day there will be enough finished that they will turn up on a track and then the real truth will be shown. Till then keep your heads up, carry on with the projects and just have fun.

Limeymk1
26-04-2007, 14:56
:thumbsup: Paff

Cheque'll for the CV's will be in the post this evening BTW.

Charged
26-04-2007, 15:02
:thumbsup: Paff

Cheque'll for the CV's will be in the post this evening BTW.

Limey, do you still want those 1a door cards?
we spoke about them ages ago!!

Ollie

Stu
26-04-2007, 15:52
Can someone sponsor me to do the time attack series please:driving:

Limeymk1
26-04-2007, 15:57
Limey, do you still want those 1a door cards?
we spoke about them ages ago!!

Ollie

Indeed I do Ollie!

Will you be at the WRA this weekend? I might have space in the Sillycar for a couple of doorcards (along with 2 gazeebos, a rev2 gear box and possibly a BBQ). lol

Charged
26-04-2007, 16:12
I will be at the WRA if I can drag myself out of bed early enough. I'm not liking the idea of a sub 8am start on a sunday >:[

I dont think I'll be able to squeeze the door cards in though, you could pop in to my house on the way home if its on the way?

postcode HP4

Gary.H
26-04-2007, 16:15
Spurred on by this thread I hopped over to IMOC and read the 4AGE upgraditis thread, or should that be the 'Woodsy vs Luthor1' bout rotflmao

Feck me, haven't laughed so much in ages - good work Paul :thumbsup:

...and I'm only on page 7...:D

Limeymk1
26-04-2007, 16:47
I will be at the WRA if I can drag myself out of bed early enough. I'm not liking the idea of a sub 8am start on a sunday >:[

I dont think I'll be able to squeeze the door cards in though, you could pop in to my house on the way home if its on the way?

postcode HP4

Berkhamstead? Shouldn't be a problem to drop in on the way back. :thumbsup:

Charged
26-04-2007, 17:02
Berkhamstead? Shouldn't be a problem to drop in on the way back. :thumbsup:

Thats the one !

MegatronUK
26-04-2007, 19:06
I just can't get over how people have the gall to call a 1.5 'too heavy' or 'spoilt' or question the handling when NOT ONE OF THEM spouting that sort of crap have actually driven one.

Paul Woods
26-04-2007, 20:10

spat hot tea all over the bloody place! cheers nik :)

Id like to stay out of this one entirely,i get the blame for a lot of things when it comes to 1.5's,mostly that im touting for business when i give my opinion on them,which really narks me off! I was the first 1.5 owner in Europe and happily drove that thing for 2 years before selling to move on to the mk1 V6....its only been since last year ive been offering conversions to customers and only since then have certain Why-mock folk had issue with me posting my 1.5 opinion.

Hope you folk on the Why-mock mod panel are enjoying this thread on "toowoods"

I am not anti imoc,just anti some of the blinkered opinions on there from people who havent a clue about 1.5's at all,never driven one and only see the 4a as an exceptable engine choice.

I say let them get on with it,the 1.5 conversion sells itself...everytime someone gets a test drive,instantly converted! Its beggining to bore me to be honest,i find myself typing huge angry replies to some utter shite i read from these people and then deleting the whole lot instead of hitting submit as i know each and every line will get quoted and examined and counter posted..... forum fukwit ping pong is not for me!

I dunno maybe im wrong,maybe the 1.5 is over rated,perhaps a 180bhp 4a-ge IS possible for £500 and it will run forever,perhaps we are ruining the handling with all those hundreds of tons more weight,perhaps cartest is right!

Glad you're enjoying that ridiculous thread gary,one of my finer works lol

jasper
26-04-2007, 20:20
Can't really be arsed to answer on t'other thread. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. It's my car and I'll do what I want to it. I love the 4A, love the way you can rev the bollocks off it but it does lack power....that's where the Mk1 MRV6 SC comes in lol

Does this thread mean that you lot also accept my Karm then lol

Paul Woods
26-04-2007, 20:25
no im afraid not jasp....its the back of the JAE stand for you mate next to a cardboard cutout of johnnys car lol

OlberJ
26-04-2007, 20:30
Can just see Johnny sitting in a white cardboard box giving it "toot, toot" a la Mr Toad. lol

jasper
26-04-2007, 20:32
That's more like it...back to taking the piss outta Johnny lol

adamh
26-04-2007, 20:47
im up for a track challenge :thumbsup: prolly crash but it'l be fun time trials i think we all have to have a pop sooner or later...

OlberJ
26-04-2007, 20:54
Can you crash on car test too? lol

adamh
26-04-2007, 20:59
probably if your driving a mk2

msherry21
26-04-2007, 21:21
I'll certainly be driving the nuts off the V6 when I get it back, I'll be hitting every track I can this year to see how it handles compared to standard and compared to the "probe".

adamh
26-04-2007, 21:53
hope to see it on the track someday.. there wont be much beating that. i hasten to add the v6 is still a bit shy of exposure,.. that sc would be more than a fair match for a 250hp turbo

Rowdan
26-04-2007, 21:56
Don't worry Jasper, you can park next to me in the row of shame.rotflmao

Arkwright
26-04-2007, 22:06

You mean you won't be parked outside the toilet block this year?

rotflmao

jasper
26-04-2007, 22:08
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Parked with the Mk2's. Don't do that to me lol

Marksman
26-04-2007, 22:51
Rowan? We'll just cut your handbrake cables and push it towards the MR2 village...

O.S.

Garbe
26-04-2007, 23:03
All I Know is that I want My MK2V6 The Bollocks
MK1.5 The Dogs Danglies Enough Said

David Sleith
26-04-2007, 23:35
I'll certainly be driving the nuts off the V6 when I get it back, I'll be hitting every track I can this year to see how it handles compared to standard and compared to the "probe".

Speaking to one of your mates todays in Costco car park in a light blue evo when he spotted my S/C. Think he had been rubbing himself up and down it while I had been in the place - sure he had a semi lol .

Told me he had a mate who had a 3.0 V6 S/C in a mk1. Rubbish, who would do something as ridiculous as that rotflmao

Just knew it was you :thumbsup:

OlberJ
26-04-2007, 23:41
Have you got it back then Michael?

WHere's the reports, the videos and the god damn passenger ride! lol

David Sleith
27-04-2007, 00:13
Have you got it back then Michael?

WHere's the reports, the videos and the god damn passenger ride! lol

Is there a Q? :driving:

firstmk1
27-04-2007, 00:49
Right lads, I'd just like to say long live the 4AGE :moon:

I found the views of some (on the other forum) interesting given that they were quite against my engine mods. I was told that it would be undriveable, a waste of time and I should swap in a 4AGZE.

Ian

Paul Woods
27-04-2007, 06:53
i must admit its a very strange attitude some of them have towards 1.5's,the funny part being none have actually driven or been in one yet all seem to be experts on the subject....very odd.

This attitude goes way way back though,i handed my 1.5 swap plans folder(containing 6 months of research) to a certain person at JAE2001 and got swiftly told it wouldnt work and would be a huge waste of time,it would be too heavy and id be far better off putting a SC engine in.The following year at JAE2002 the car was done and said person looked in the engine bay,sniffed and walked away without a word.

Now we have an entire club built up around this conversion,the 1.5 is extremely popular in the US and here,yet they still shout the same bollox about it being a waste of time,according to some (and cartest) its slower per lap than a stock 4a.....almost too funny.

Let the haters get on with it,they have zero experience on the subject,yet still think they can form an expert opinion,totally ridiculous!

lodgeman
27-04-2007, 07:34
what i actually dont get is , and perhaps i dont have the words to express it very well, but .. do they not understand that most of us here have actually come from imoc ! i was a member there first and had a conversation with paul over a head gasket problem - saw his twobrutal url and read some of his write ups and thought what a great site! and stayed!!! member number 38 i think .:thumbsup: i dont get the eliteness that goes on over there? are they that special? after all we all use the same car!!:hidesbehi

steviek
27-04-2007, 07:49
its the same on mr2oc theres a lot off little gangs hat sort off things. theres always an argument over v6 against tubby debate but there you go as everyone says have most people driven a v6?

Gary Symons
27-04-2007, 07:50
Also came from IMOC, then a couple of nutters lol mentioned a new website for the MK1.5 so I came here.

TB member no 3 i believe. :thumbsup:

Paff
27-04-2007, 07:57
came from the OC myself, agree with steviek altho theres not much of an argument there as the threads get locked almost instantly half the time. Altho before all that I came from the club Paul was offered a lifetime honorary membership.

No idea what number member I was tho. But I know it feels like home here, sat typing to a load of people who should be locked into an asylym to stop their silly ideas affecting each other and causing havoc and arguments throughout the mr2 world. Who could wish for any better :)

nik
27-04-2007, 08:04
lmao..honorary membership, thats like the joey kid in class wanting to be your friend..

msherry21
27-04-2007, 08:08
david and Ollie, cars not ready yet, but you'll all be the first to know and see the vids, sound clips and have test drives. As for the Evo, I know plenty of people with them but not a light blue one, did they even bring out a light blue model? I not sure they did.

Murf
27-04-2007, 14:36
but you'll all be the first to know and see the vids, sound clips and have test drives.

Oi, what about me? I live closer than all them, i'll see it drive past when you take it home!
Sorry, i meant i'd HEAR it drive past ;)

Garbe
27-04-2007, 16:56
I'm pretty sure if they had the cash or nerve to tackle the job themselves they'd all be converting to 1.5's or V6's. I had neither but still could not get the V6 out of my head. Then realised Tony did the engine mount and thought fuck it, i'm doing the V6 conversion myself.

I have learn't soo much and have really enjoyed the friendliness and help that i have gotten from the folks here.:thumbsup:
Everyones only to happy to help / offer parts etc I am part way through my swap and being helped right now.

On t'other sites when a question is posed all you get is do a search, or criticism for anything that goes against the norm. Have you seen the stick they give to anyone who dares have a 355 replica.

Zip
27-04-2007, 18:04
The way i see.

They are car Purists, They try buy the mintest cars Possable and leave them standard

What i see you guys doing is getting old MR2s that have more rust then the Titanic and more spiders webs then the queen in a g string.
Then you do them up and save them from being scrapped and turned into a pile of rotting metal at a dump somewhere and keep the MK1 alive for future generations so there are more to go round. Then you add a silly powered ebgine to it to make it more fun just like toyoata would ahve wanted if they were aloud to go wild with the car when designing it :)

Goldy
27-04-2007, 18:12
TB for me is madness on a different level, and i love it.

Here Here :thumbsup:

TB is special, i've always felt welcome here even when I was the only mk2 owner on here. The technical advice is the best around. And without it I wouldn't have got near supercharging my crappy mk2.

If people are closed minded and think 1.5/6 is crap thats their problem... we wouldn't want them here anyways. They don't know what they're missing.

Lets get on with it... long live TB long live engine swaps of all kinds (maybe a mondeo mk3 :hidesbehi )

Paul Woods
27-04-2007, 19:07
ahem! honourary LIFETIME membership if you dont mind :) *polishes badge* ok i havent got one but if i did id polish it.

Its the constant negative comments about 1.5's that get on our nerves by the sound of it,from people in mk1 circles who are quite knowledgeable too,but have never experienced a 1.5 for themselves so instead of listening and learning from what we are saying they choose to argue and shoot us down instead.Some of the crap i read on other forums is just ridiculous ramblings from keyboard mechanics or pasted from some obscure corner of the web they found....after all if i posted here i have a 10" wanger then it must be true! (mrs woods will be along shortly to confirm by the way).

I largely ignore the majority of comments,smile wryly and know that we know better.

lodgeman
27-04-2007, 19:27
....after all if i posted here i have a 10" wanger then it must be true! (mrs woods will be along shortly to confirm by the way).

paul i think you must have got your imperial and metric mixed up? are you sure its not 10cm:hidesbehi lol lol

Paul Woods
27-04-2007, 19:38
ah yes sorry al you are correct,10cm it is.....

...off the floor!

MegatronUK
27-04-2007, 19:59
Nah, Paul's got a 10-incher.

.. a ten inch ice pop!! :D

Paul Woods
27-04-2007, 20:06
not often a forum post makes my eyes water :)

can we get back to topic now please!

biteme
27-04-2007, 20:13
Maybe if Becky thinks "THAT" is 10" .. then it's an explanation as to why she can't reverse park? :P

MegatronUK
27-04-2007, 20:13
Well, you would say that, wouldn't you? ;)

Arkwright
27-04-2007, 22:21
Now then boys - everyone knows that the reason women can't judge distances is because men keep telling them that 3" is actually 6".

On a similar note...what's the difference between Oooohhhh and Arrrggghhhh?

About 3" lol

andytame
27-04-2007, 22:40
I thought I'd post here as its big members only
Just thought i'd mention that is isn't big members only, as I'm yet to join :hidesbehi

Charged
28-04-2007, 00:17
Just thought i'd mention that is isn't big members only, as I'm yet to join :hidesbehi

The post got moved as it was completly off topic

Garbe
28-04-2007, 02:11
Its all about the ICE LOLLY lol

mr2aw11turbo
28-04-2007, 14:42
Um, i hate to add fuel to the fire here, but just an observation, although this thread is titled "1.5 Haters on IMOC " it's not IMOC where the negative comment's are coming from, most of them seem to be from the MK1 section of there forum,

"run's away to hide"

Goldy
28-04-2007, 21:00
Um, i hate to add fuel to the fire here, but just an observation, although this thread is titled "1.5 Haters on IMOC " it's not IMOC where the negative comment's are coming from, most of them seem to be from the MK1 section of there forum,

"run's away to hide"

:slap: Now lets get back on topic....
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9780/woodsaged8andthreequartih5.jpg

lol lol bet you wish you'd never posted that pic paul :hidesbehi

millentubby
28-04-2007, 21:12
firstly i must say watch what you say, dont make any comments personal..i wont tolerate it and its not what TB is about..
also lets not turn this into an IMOC hating thread, this is about a few individuals personal views and no comments should be made about IMOC in general..ta

right,
theyre blinkered philistines..
its jealousy, its self protection and defence of their own way of life..
its defending their own personal views (dumbfounded ones) and their pride and joy..
its down to taste, ego and trying to maintain a moral high ground when their own world seems to be cracking around their feet..
its also protection of their own community in a way..TB is mk1.5 and thats why we are hated by certain groups..
its all of the above and much more..

its also automatic hate of everything new and ground breaking (yes the world is round, so call me a witch and burn me at the stake)..

the mk1 is a great car but its weak. the suspension is crap, the brakes are shockingly bad and the 4age? great for a 700kg kit car but cmon its piss poor in a tonne of car..
the mk1.5 is a young invention but one that will grow and grow over time..

this runs very deep..believe me..

tbh i now dont give a flying fuck what anyone says..the mk1.5 is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior motor to the mk1..i know that and anyone else who says otherwise knows shit about nothing..

HARSH!!!!!

But so fucking fair.

dont Tattoo this on my face - it'll just make me faster :D

Paul Woods
29-04-2007, 09:17
bet you wish you'd never posted that pic paul

Goldy you bastard!

biteme
29-04-2007, 14:25
I can see a large print of this coming around JAE ... several of them

jasper
29-04-2007, 19:29
Good idea that Johnny. We can put them in the cars to scare woud be thieves away during the night lol

OlberJ
29-04-2007, 19:58
Thatcham Category Woods.

Goldy
29-04-2007, 21:29
Good idea that Johnny. We can put them in the cars to scare woud be thieves away during the night lol

Johnny might get too excited.... you might find some stains on the cars in the morning :hidesbehi

Paul Woods
30-04-2007, 06:47
oh god,thats a whole new level of depravity..... :thumbsup:

Marksman
30-04-2007, 06:49
You can take the boy out of Staines but you cant get the stains out of the upholstery...

O.S.

Paul Woods
30-04-2007, 06:57
ha ha,very good owen :clap:

Marksman
30-04-2007, 06:59
:takes a bow smiley:

O.S.

superchargedsam
30-04-2007, 09:59
roflmao@Owen!

biteme
30-04-2007, 10:04
Suprised you never chipped in with Semen Staines?

OlberJ
30-04-2007, 19:59
No but he did Roger the cabin boy.

Paul Woods
01-05-2007, 07:03
no but i think he had a wankel

Paul Woods
01-05-2007, 19:06
lol lol lol

Zip
01-05-2007, 19:23
Pffft, After a thrashing Around the Iron Knob i was soon on my way to Cummins and this all happend Down under

You will need google earth to find those 2 places coz your from the UK