PDA

View Full Version : red line time attack!!!

johnathan
22-04-2007, 01:14
ok so my swap has started its the standard mk1.5 using a rev1 gt4 engine
now i'm planning on running in the redline time attack redlinetimeattack.comits a uhmmm time attack on many auto-x courses across the united states and i plan to run in the new micro compact class which has the following cars as the main challangers
nissan versa
toyota yaris
honda fit
scion ax
honda crx
and thats about it but the reason for this new class i belive anyway is to pump up sales and what not for these cars for the tuner market in the usa this event is held by 4 big car tuner magizines now none of the car mentioned above are not super cars by any means but motor swaps are ok

and there are a few one fit has a k20 powering it while some of the cars are turbo/supercharged so i don't think it will be an easy win well i guess what i'm getting at to best possably prepare my car for this.
the first couple of tries i doubt i'll make it into 3rd or high place but not lower than say 8th either i figure i have till november if i remember right of when the event will be back in my area :jump:

johnathan
22-04-2007, 02:46
this is one of the rules
Unibody must remain intact and un-altered.
i guess that i can't cut any of the frame in the rear and i can't use a big hammer so what to do i believe i remenber people have gotten away with not doing either of these things it was just really close

johnathan
22-04-2007, 02:54
heres the full rules from there web site
Rules Applicable to All Classes:

Each vehicle entered into the Redline Time Attack, MUST be track ready and free form any mechanical defect. All cars must be able to pass the technical inspection at the track to be permitted on track.

-Use of nitrous oxide strictly prohibited
-Propane injection systems prohibited
-Tube Frame Chassis prohibited. Unibody must remain intact and un-altered.
-Alcohol and Water Injection is PERMITTED
-Aerodynamic parts are PERMITTED, i.e. Wings, Splitters, Canards, Under Trays, Diffusers, etc
-Single Engine Per-Vehicle
-Engine Modifications are allowed (forced induction, engine swaps, bolt on upgrades, etc) in any class
-Suspension modifications are allowed in any class
-Brake Modifications are allowed in any class
-Internal Combustion Engines Only
-Entire original factory Floor plan must be in place
-Fuel Cells permitted
-Replacement of drivers and passengers seat are permitted
-Vehicle’s outline must be largely true to the original
-Vehicles must be built from a model originally produced for legal street use in North America, Europe or Japan
-All vehicles must use tires that are legal for use on public roadways in the United States, Japan or the European Union.
-All cars are to use an AMB timing transponder.
-All cars must run decals required by Redline Time Attack organizers. This may include doorplate on both sides of vehicle, windshield banner, front or rear quarter panel or any other locations as specified.
-All vehicles entered into competition must report to tech inspection at the track on the day of the Redline Time Attack event
-Convertibles allowed on track with roll bars. Some cars with factory roll protection are allowed in Street and Modified Class if they are equipped with a factory OEM roll protection system.
Check with your car manufacture to determine the effectiveness of roll protection.

Redline Track Events (RTE) personnel will perform a mandatory tech inspection of each vehicle entered into the Redline: Time Attack! event.

STREET CLASS
The Street Class is designed for stock to modified "daily driven" vehicles. Street Class is home for the grassroots enthusiast or tuner shop looking to prove they have they fastest vehicle on street tires.

Rules for Street Class Cars:
- Professional drivers are not eligible to drive in Street Class
- Vehicle must be registered for use on public roadways. Vehicles entered into Street Class MUST show proof of current registration to Redline Time Attack event registration personnel.
- Replacement or removal of OEM glass prohibited.
- All Street Class vehicles must use DOT street tires with a UTQG tread wear rating of 140 or higher, Tires with UTQG tread wear rating under 140 are not permitted in Street Class
-“Full carbon fiber bodied” vehicles prohibited from Street Class
- Carbon Fiber and other light weight material may be implemented in place of OEM Hoods and Trunks/Hatches.
- OEM Doors, quarter panels and roofs must be kept in place.
- Front under tray cannot go rearward past the center-line of the front axle
- Rear under tray cannot go forward past the center-line of the rear axle
- No Fender Flares
- No Wide-Body Kits
- No Suspension that utilizes remote reservoirs unless the reservoir is integrated to primary dampener body
- No 3-Way Adjustable Dampeners
- Two-Way Adjustable dampeners are ALLOWED
- Convertibles with hard tops can utilize Carbon Fiber/Aluminum/Fiberglass hard tops
- Replacement of drivers and passenger seat with aftermarket seats is permitted.
-Passenger seat cannot be entirely removed.
-Interior components behind driver seat may be entirely removed
-Vehicle’s carpet may be entirely removed.
-Vehicle headliner may be removed.
-OEM Dash, OEM Center console and OEM front door panels must remain intact
- Roll cages are permitted in Street class *if roll cage necessitates door bars that require removal or cutting of OEM door panel, then OEM door panel may be removed or altered only for installation of roll cage. A safety inspection of the roll cage will be performed. If the roll cage is deemed to be unsafe by the Chief of Inspections, the vehicle will not be permitted to participate in the event.
- Factory restraints are permitted for any vehicle in street class. If four/five/six point harness is utilized, car must have harness bar installed.
- Snell 2000 or higher rated helmet required.
- Convertibles allowed on track with roll bars. Some cars with factory roll protection are allowed if they are equipped with a factory OEM roll protection system. Check with your car manufacture to determine the effectiveness of roll protection.
- See "Vehicle Classification List" For List of Vehicles Relegated to Modified Class or Unlimited Class. i.e. some vehicles will NOT be permitted in the Street Class due to specific horse power or other specifications. For example, a Ferrari Enzo or Porsche Carrera GT will be relegated to the Unlimited class due to there "super car" specification.

adamh
22-04-2007, 09:39
not bad rules there, it will be good to see a vid when it happens :thumbsup:

johnathan
22-04-2007, 16:51
yeah i've been planning on running in this time attack for about a year now
theres been alot of setbacks getting parts and just family stuff but now its just drive shafts and a turbo transmisson then putting it all togather
:jump:

superchargedsam
26-04-2007, 14:00
looks good but think u might be ok with "moving" a firewall or 2!

Turbo
01-05-2007, 22:29
just make sure you have all the licensing, NASA is a pain in the butt.

johnathan
02-05-2007, 01:03
hmm if they can't tell its not stock then i guess i'm ok .
i'm sure they don't have templates of every car to see if its stock so will see