PDA

View Full Version : 3vz build the correct way!

hfmt93
14-03-2007, 05:17
I bought a 3vzfe out of a 92 camry with 130000 miles on it. I got it from a junkyard and dont know the prior running order of the engine.

Down the road I will have some sort of forced induction on it (supercharger or turbo) but for some time I will leave it stock. My plan is to get the bottom end in perfect shape for the upcoming power. For now I will have the top end in working order but not upgrade it yet because of financial restraints. I will get the swap done and work out all the bugs before I attempt to mess with the top end or add any power adders.

I have sourced a very reputable machine shop near me and will be contacting him soon. What I need to know is what kinds of things should I ask him to do to the bottom end? Right now I have come up with:
1. align hone the main journals
2. dip the block to clean it?
3. polish the crank maybe?
4. rehone the cylinders

What else should I ask him about?

All this is of coarse only going to be done if the components check out ok when I measure them.

Thank you for any info and expertise that you guys might provide

hfmt93
14-03-2007, 05:31
and

5. Balance the rotating assembly (flywheel, crank, rods, bearings, pistons, rings)

hfmt93
14-03-2007, 23:13
Thank you FourVeeSix. I asked the same question on the other two sites as well and you gave me the best answer i could have asked for.