PDA

View Full Version : Msherry's mk1 V6SC swap

Pages : [1] 2 3

Paul Woods
07-03-2007, 18:32
Next onto the WS production line is Mr sherrys stripped out mk1 track day racer....thats also gonna be road legal :)

So i wasted no time today and got cracking.... heres the remnants of a skanky 4a thats seen better days....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/52.jpg

1 hr 28 mins later it was on the floor...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/53.jpg

And minutes later out altogether....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/54.jpg

This thing doesnt even have a dashboard! its going to absolutely fly...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/55.jpg

After that i gutted the bay and also chopped the rear firewall out....im going to rebuild this around the V6 this time,the engine will need a trial dummy fit as the new jig im going to make off this car will mean all future mk1 V6's can use the fourveesix engine mount :thumbsup: the current mk1 v6 jig ive got places the engine slightly to the right cos we used gt4 driveshafts.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/56.jpg

er....you did want this removing didnt you michael? rotflmao

a serious amount of work to do on this one.....but its all good baby.

msherry21
07-03-2007, 18:46
My god thats awesome!!!!!!!

How's the underneath looking Paul? Are there any rust problems or is the car pretty solid, I know theres a hole in the "frunk" where the battery will no doubt go.

Its just amazing to have this dream underway!!

Paul Woods
07-03-2007, 18:51
i'll give her an inspection soon,from what i remember it looked pretty solid,not too bad at all....ive seen far worse!

Shugsta
07-03-2007, 19:51
As the saying goes Paul....No rest for the wicked and this is gonna be well wicked.

Michael, we are lookin at the making of one seriously quick car her squire. Best of luck with it. Will be glued to this build thread.:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

msherry21
07-03-2007, 20:10
Thanks Shugsta, It should be nuts!! Now I just need some patience.....well a beer will do for now.

Goldy
07-03-2007, 20:16
Quality... though i'm puzzled... how do you know how fast you're going?

Shorty
07-03-2007, 20:28
And will you get it streetlegal without a dash? Good work so far. Will be flying for sure when its done:)

adamh
07-03-2007, 20:37
excellent, nice project mr.Sherry.. :popcorn:

msherry21
07-03-2007, 20:58
Goldy, the cluster will be being fixed securely in some crazy fashion by Paul, I had it originally cable tied to the white bar!

Shorty, as long as all the dials and switches are to hand there is no reason why it shouldn't pass an MOT, I'm also working with a mate who is an MOT guy to make sure its fine to drive on the streets..harness will be the only major thing, its a twist type buckle.

Adam, I think you may need another bag of popcorn, we could be here a while....although the way Paul's ripped into that I'm not sooo sure!

jungle-jim
07-03-2007, 21:02
interesting!

i have a similar steering wheel also without the horn in the centre. but as it doesn't work, it failed the MOT?

do you have it elsewhere?

i'll keep an eye on this one too!!

paul. if a supercharger was fitted at a later date, will it fit in the room made for the inlet manifold?

or does it have to even bigger? thus being fabricated with the SC already fitted for measuring?

sorry for so many questions both on threads and PM's but it just blows my mind what you can do and i find it all very interesting!!

biteme
07-03-2007, 21:02
Just get a tomtom and stick it to the windscreen it'll tell you your accurate speed :D

Marksman
07-03-2007, 21:04
That is very nice indeed. It'll eat Baldric for breakfast I'm sure, but it'll certainly be fun trying to keep up. Stonking project for sure.

Damn, I don't like popcorn. ADMIN? :praise2: Can we have a chilli nachos smilie please?

Cheers,

Owen.

msherry21
07-03-2007, 21:10
Owen, I can tell theres gonna be some cracking track days ahead, this should be fun. We'll need to get you up to knockhill in the summer and vice versa.

Jungle-Jim...I just couldn't be arsed putting the horn button on, I'll do that when I get it back, d'ya know the mk2 has the same thing, Maybe I have a thing for no horn buttons!

msherry21
07-03-2007, 21:10
Oh and Chilli nachos and ice cold Corona, can't beat that!

Marksman
07-03-2007, 21:14
Owen, I can tell theres gonna be some cracking track days ahead, this should be fun. We'll need to get you up to knockhill in the summer and vice versa.

What the hell, it's only 551.1 miles away, see you there in what, half an hour?

I'll dust off my passport and see what I can do.

Cheers,

Owen.

msherry21
07-03-2007, 21:34
you don't need a passport, anyone can get into this country now! And 551.1 miles is just a "wee" drive around these parts. Its 348.2 miles for a pint of milk.

OlberJ
07-03-2007, 21:46
Anyolne can get in, it's the getting back out in one piece that's the challenge.

Marksman
07-03-2007, 21:46
And 551.1 miles is just a "wee" drive around these parts. Its 348.2 miles for a pint of milk.

Aye, but I've ney (sp?) sympathy for yea, as I believe your women folk frolic naked in the fields in winter time and rumour has it that your streams run free with ice cold single malt whisky.

Owen.

Should we get back to the car now?

OlberJ
07-03-2007, 21:47
It's nae, but good try lol

OlberJ
07-03-2007, 21:48
Oh, and bagsy 1st passen.....errr....errr....luggage ride?

millentubby
08-03-2007, 00:30

Would love to beat the balls of my mk1 round Knocky...the twists and turns might give the mk1's a bit of ground on those lardy mk2's perhaps :D

Paul Woods
08-03-2007, 06:31
Anyone can get in, it's the getting back out in one piece that's the challenge.

a bit like visiting wales then :)

Marksman
08-03-2007, 06:59
Perhaps if the Scots amongst us could be persuaded to pick up a chainsaw (and the S. Wales crew too) then we could cut along the borders, give an almighty shove and nerf England off and upto the North pole! We could then join Wales to Scotland thus making the trip to Nockhill rather less arduous. It would also have the added bonus of wiping out Liverpool.

Sound like a plan?

O.S.

Murf
08-03-2007, 07:25
Nockhill

Sounds good mate but i think if you want people to take you seriously you'll have to learn how to spell it!!

Nice car, does this mean i'll have to give up having the quickest mk1 in Glasgow?? Theres only one way to tell i suppose.........;)

biteme
08-03-2007, 08:16
We could then join Wales to Scotland
O.S.

Could you imagine how mean the people would be from that place?

:hidesbehi

nik
08-03-2007, 08:57
about none..all the scotch are in england taking our jobs and going on about how great scotland is, so great none of them want to live there..! ;)

Shugsta
08-03-2007, 09:02
about none..all the scotch are in england taking our jobs Well you learn something every day...even whisky is more employable than an Englander ;)

nik
08-03-2007, 09:08
i just know you lot love being called 'the scotch'..:thumbsup:
though you may be right about employablility..

Shugsta
08-03-2007, 09:34
Hehe, at least your doing it for wind up, unlike many of the misinformed folks out there. I'd give you a job nik, would impress the fuck out of my clients if you came waltzing in to the boardroom with a neatly stacked platter of ferrero rochet (sp) chocs. :)

nik
08-03-2007, 09:51
i could do that..though ive recently changed jobs and now deliver boxes of milk tray..

Rowdan
08-03-2007, 12:46
a bit like visiting wales then :)

Yep just put on an east european accent and your in.:thumbsup:

Paul Woods
08-03-2007, 18:24
lol do you chaps mind if we actually talk about a mk1 V6 SC? :)

today i dropped the fuel tank....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/64.jpg

and swapped the shitty mk1 pump for a nice walbro one...always makes me wonder how the smaller walbro is more powerful?

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/65.jpg

And here it is fitted....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/66.jpg

Also the engine mounts said tarra....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/67.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/68.jpg

So the tanks back in and the cars fully prepped ready for a v6 test fitting....ive no jig for fitting a v6 into a mk1 with NA drivetrain and NA shafts so this fella will be done the old fashioned way,then i'll make a jig off this one for future v6 mk1s with NA drivetrain...note this jig will also make use of the 4V6 engine mount,which is cool.

msherry21
08-03-2007, 18:33
Thats a stupid amount of work you've managed in 1 day!! that would have taken me a full weekend to drop the tank never mind the engine mounts..jesus! Superb work as always, I'm loving this thread!

OlberJ
08-03-2007, 18:35
If it's available soon i'll borrow that off you Meester Woods, will make things sooo much easier.

Jus pap it in the boot when Michael comes down to collect this beastie. lol

Watchin this thread with interest, what's gonna be done to redress the weight issue of a stripped out front and a slightly heavier rear?

I know it's not a huge difference but anything planned?

Fridrik
08-03-2007, 18:37
Blessed be thou... I love this thread/site; watching new projects come to life and finally lift off. This is a much valuable inspiration for people who hesitate, like me. Keep it going!

ps. I´m really jealous I don't live in England. Although I just came from an excellent holiday over there, long live London! Cheers.

OlberJ
08-03-2007, 18:38
It's alright mate, neither does Michael, and he's gewtting to keep this nutty motor.

Paul Woods
08-03-2007, 18:43
actually michael it was half a days work ,i started this at 1pm as i was busy doing other stuff today ,but if you've done stuff like this a zillion times it gets quicker and easier,the tank drop and refit for instance took 50 mins from start to finish...nothing that impressive about it really!

yep no probs olie you can have the jig when its done as theres no plans for another mk1v6 for some time now...

OlberJ
08-03-2007, 18:55
Nice one geeza, no rush though.

Does this mean i'll get ma name on it 1st? Or should that go to Michael? Or yourself Meester Twoods?

Paul Woods
08-03-2007, 19:01
well im manually fitting this engine so i dont actually need the jig for this build once its made.... the jig will mean the next mk1 v6 i do doesnt need trial fitting.

OlberJ
08-03-2007, 19:11
When's that planned for?

Apart from myself, Paff and Limey i don't think anyone else will be needing it yet. Don't wanna see you left up the creek tho.

Paul Woods
08-03-2007, 19:20
the next mk1 v6? none on the horizon as yet although people are enquiring..shouldnt be a problem sending my jig out as long as i get it back one day!

msherry21
08-03-2007, 19:22
Ollie, the only thing thats being done to balance the weight is the battery in the front and using a single exit zorst instead of a twin;) I have ordered a 3" bore Apexi N1, which hopefully has arrived at Pauls by now, should sound ridiculous! Apart from that...nothing, I was going to lose the rear spoiler but it looks soooo good with it!

Gary.H
08-03-2007, 19:27
the next mk1 v6? none on the horizon as yet
Well...never did manage to find an SC, bought a Helios Blue NA Mk1 (like AdamH's) in the end. Am part way through the ST185 single pot brake upgrade.

Don't think the turbo swap was really for me, too used to the no lag 911 flat 6 NA acceleration now :driving:

...and then...

I read about the Camry V6 swap....:idea:

NA - 6 cylinders....am liking that a lot :thumbsup:

Just read Paul's LodgesV6 swap thread "apparently it has all its power now and its ...... pauls words...."pants shittingly fast"

"pants shittingly fast" eh ? - that's gone and done it :)

watch this space

OlberJ
08-03-2007, 20:00
the next mk1 v6? none on the horizon as yet although people are enquiring..shouldnt be a problem sending my jig out as long as i get it back one day!

Defo mate, it's your's so when you need it, you got it. End of.

Would be muchos appreciatos tho for the swap. :thumbsup:

Jiff Lemon
08-03-2007, 21:23
well im manually fitting this engine so i dont actually need the jig for this build once its made.... the jig will mean the next mk1 v6 i do doesnt need trial fitting.

Nooooooooooo! Come on Paul, lets put an end to the speculation! Get the TB Jig from Owen and lets try it!

N/A gearbox, tubby gearbox, the both gonna mount in the same place. The Jig in theory replicates the mk2 mounts, the V6 drops in the MK2 nice and easily.

Go on.... you know you want to! :poke2:

OlberJ
08-03-2007, 23:03
Nowt wrong with having a 2nd jig.

Although i do stand by your theory Jiff. Makes sense.

Paul Woods
09-03-2007, 07:03
im afraid i already have tried jiff me old mucka....the woodsport jig is a perfect copy of the TB jig (well its mount hole positions anyway) and it places the V6 too high in the bay and too far rearward...i know it doesnt make sense,after all its mk2 mount positions but the mk1 bay isnt as tall as a mk2 bay so we need to drop the v6 down an inch or so....also this new jig will make use of 4V6's mount so future swaps will be a doddle :thumbsup:

superchargedsam
09-03-2007, 10:33
the mk1 bay isnt as tall as a mk2 bay

This explains everything so easily now. Having had discussions with Paff and jiff about this in the past I could never see what the issue was with using the 3SGTE jig but now all is very clear indeed. So obvious now that info is claer, cheers paul as this perturbing me as to why it wouldnt work!

As ever excellent info!

Jiff Lemon
09-03-2007, 12:49
Yup, good to know! At least we'll then have a definative jig set :)

First person to get a loan shall be Owen - To adapt the existing TB jig to take the new mounting points.

1 jig does all!

Limeymk1
09-03-2007, 13:35
Cool, MK1 V6 Jig sounds superb Paul! Just going to have to learn how to weld now. lol

Paul Woods
09-03-2007, 17:45
i can see this becoming popular so i will indeed send it to owen so he can add a "bolt on" part to the TB jig for v6'ing ,great idea jiff! now all you got to do is convince owen its a great idea lol

OlberJ
09-03-2007, 17:49
Just a thought, will the 3VZ and 1MZ engines use the same mounts?

Paul Woods
09-03-2007, 18:06
at a guess id say yes,they both come from camrys that "should" have the same attachment points....im 99% sure they are the same mounting wise.

Paul Woods
09-03-2007, 18:21
there speaks the 1% of doubt i had lol.... cheers tone.

Marksman
09-03-2007, 18:30
So who's willing to lend me a MK1 with V6 mounts in it then?

O.S.

Paul Woods
13-03-2007, 19:12
time for a quick update,i started stripping the v6 down today,here it is in its freshly pulled from camry state...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/89.jpg

Several hours later and i had reduced it to the block only...the owner of this camry reported it as having just one of the head gaskets done some time ago...now who in their right mind does just one head gasket on a v6??? i smelt shite of the verbal kind! ,he says it was still overheating and guessed it must be down to the HG he didnt replace.

Well i didnt find any gasket breaks at all,but i did find this....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/90.jpg

That my friends is a HG fitted on the WRONG bank,note the hole on the gasket with no hole on the block behind it :) the front HG was fitted on the rear bank and vice versa....but we've seen this happen before,see you arent alone tony mate! :)

Thats as much as i got done....it'll all come together fairly quickly.

OlberJ
13-03-2007, 19:16
Hold on, are you sure?

Tone...

lol

David Sleith
13-03-2007, 19:18
Is that a puddle of water inside the bore?

Paul Woods
13-03-2007, 19:24
yep,id just lifted the heads off so water goes everywhere,perfectly normal.

msherry21
13-03-2007, 19:37
Looking good Paul, She'll breathe again soon...with more help from Mr Supercharger too!!!

OlberJ
13-03-2007, 21:07
This could get messy, let's start a thread.

biteme
14-03-2007, 08:20
Maybe i should start a "stoopid" club....now, who wants to join? rotflmao :thumbsup:

I'm in!

Paul Woods
16-03-2007, 18:59
sorry about the lack of pics chaps,camera left at home! well ive managed to rebuild the engine back up to the rocker covers,fresh gaskets (the right way around!) and camshaft oil seals.

Also the previous muppet,i mean owner left the thermostat off,that'll be cos it was overheating due to the gaskets mixed up no doubt! and ive also noticed theres play in the water pump on this engine,so ive ordered a brand new one along with a new stat.

So i promise pics on monday showing a rebuilt v6,starting to add the bits n bobs now in time for its dummy fit.

msherry21
16-03-2007, 19:11
Fantastic Paul, good work. The front bakes have arrived now and so has the ACT clutch, just waiting on the flywheel from the states then that will be sent straight to Tony asap! No news on a larger pulley yet.

Garbe
18-03-2007, 10:21
Hey paul,
I ant to fit some oil gauges on the 3V, where the oil filter attches on the 3V, there are some take off points that have a couple of blanking bolts in there, I don't have a clue how to measure the bolt/pitch to get some adaptors. Can you please have a check on sherry's engine. cheers H

Paul Woods
18-03-2007, 11:38
garbe ive no way of measuring pitch on bolts here myself matey,what ive done in the past though is taken the blanking plug out,drilled a hole through the centre of it and then welded whatever fitting i needed over the hole....this worked well when i was looking for an oil feed for a turbo.

Garbe
18-03-2007, 14:33
I'll look at doing something, maybe find someone that can measure it. I need to attach a oil temp and pressure sensor, if i drill and and get it tapped i would'nt be able to secure it. cheers

And were's those PICS

Paul Woods
20-03-2007, 18:26
good things come to he who waits garbe :)

ok a quick update,after talking to michael and briefing him on what he wanted we talked about purple,black and a bit of artistic licence,so with that in mind i thought id play with some wild paints....

Here is the engine built up with the cam covers fitted,these are painted with a deep purple candy with a bronze metallic flip running through it...also i found a heat resistant copper colour that i think goes very well indeed with the metallic purple...check this out for bling...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/131.jpg

Ive also done a few other parts copper,i think this is a lovely paint to use on engines...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/132.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/133.jpg

And would you looky here,one TRD SC fitted....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/134.jpg

Ive had to dummy fit it first because the engine/box is going into the bay for a trial fit and then getting lifted back out for bay prepping/painting and then it will get fitted back in properly.

OohMatron
20-03-2007, 18:28
Those Cam Covers are more vibrant than mine..!! :eek2:

Nice work Mr Woods :thumbsup:

Shorty
20-03-2007, 18:30
Strangely it works damn well! Good on the eye that, now pimp my engine!!:)

msherry21
20-03-2007, 18:36
Thats the stuff dreams are made of!!! truly awesome, might get the Borbets done that colour too for a laugh!

Paul Woods
20-03-2007, 18:36
ha ha thats what someone said today when they saw me doing it! he said "so you're pimping v6's now then!" i think the copper goes really well with the metallic purple.

msherry21
20-03-2007, 18:44
yeah, they really do look great! superb work. So whats the next step Paul? I'll be sending the flywheel off tomorrow to Tony, I still have the clutch, brakepads and front calipers and discs up here. Quaife rack arrives on Thursday but I can fit that myself when the cars back up here. Is there anything else you still need? Do you want me to drop off these parts on Saturday or will you not be in the garage?

Paul Woods
20-03-2007, 19:09
i could really do with the clutch and brake parts pretty sharpish,but if tone hasnt got the fly yet then im unlikely to get that here by friday anyway...so you can either post the parts down or drop them in on saturday around 11am,i can meet you there.

In the meantime i will fit the gearbox to the engine without fly or clutch and get it dummy fitted so that i can make the bay engine mounts etc,so it isnt really holding me up at all....then i should have everything here next week for the final refit :thumbsup:

msherry21
20-03-2007, 19:16
Oooh, AWESOME!!! well I'll bring everything else down on Saturday and post the fly tomorrow then. Do you want the Borbets for the road testing or are you happy with the skimpy Rota's? I can bring them on Saturday too if you want?

Paul Woods
20-03-2007, 19:18
you best bring those too if im going to be making arches to house the feckers...plus id like to sit and just stare at them all day.

msherry21
20-03-2007, 19:26
Ha, I know what you mean. I'm about to pop out to the garage to do just that. By the looks of the pics on the other thread there doesn't seem to be any arch work needed but I'll bring them anyway just incase.

adamh
20-03-2007, 19:33
that copper looks gorgeous!.. keen work paul, this is going to be a machine..

Jinja
20-03-2007, 19:40
Those colours look awesome...!! Excellent work yet again Paul :thumbsup:

msherry21
20-03-2007, 20:01
Tony, Thats absolutely fine by me. I'll get it done first thing!

nik
21-03-2007, 04:38
copper in the engine bay huh..? where did the inspiration for that come from eh..? :whistle:
looks like woodsport is no longer sponsored by hobnobs..i recon its cadbury's now..that v6 looks like a big bar of cadburys chocolate..
mmmmm..! :thumbsup:

Paul Woods
21-03-2007, 06:34
ha ha,that was the briefing believe it or not! i was told cadburys purple! :)

biteme
21-03-2007, 08:00
That does look stunning!!

Is it time for me to rethink my engine bay colours I wonder?!

Jinja
21-03-2007, 08:03
That does look stunning!!

Is it time for me to rethink my engine bay colours I wonder?!

For sure mate. Black is soooooo last century...!!!! rotflmao

biteme
21-03-2007, 08:04
haha!

I know what I want for my V6TT car.

REDBULL! The whole car painted as a redbull car - should get some attention on the road!!

superchargedsam
21-03-2007, 09:12
haha!

I know what I want for my V6TT car.

REDBULL! The whole car painted as a redbull car - should get some attention on the road!!

I think youll find the only attention you get in that fella is from redbulls lawyers, they are hotter on trade mark protection than ferrari and thats saying something!

Have mates who have full race rep bikes and the all the big bike sprayers wont touch red bull stickers due to being sued for thier use. If your serious about it make sure you approach them first as they dont care about any bad publicity as there is no such thing as far as they are concerned. Red bull are like sony in that they dont sell proudcts they sell a brand name.

That said would look awesome, redbull livery even makes the VW beetle look good.

superchargedsam
21-03-2007, 09:13
As for this V6 engine looks awesome. What an amazing colour scheme and love the fact you can spray a metal to look like copper! Top spraying!

biteme
21-03-2007, 09:46
I was thinking of just the Red Bull scheme, i.e. the silver and the blue in quadrants. Not sure about the stickers...

I might approach them tho!

superchargedsam
21-03-2007, 12:07
that should be ok and defo worth approaching but they are one of the most vigouras trade mark protectors I have come across as they are a marketing company firstly and a sales company secondly!

nik
21-03-2007, 13:08
what about durex blue..? could look nice..or seeing as though its a mk2 vaseline yellow..;)

superchargedsam
21-03-2007, 13:12
roflmao

Garbe
21-03-2007, 14:34
WOW that copper looks great, especially on the water outlet and the FPR.
now where's the cadbury's bunny

biteme
21-03-2007, 15:42
what about durex blue..? could look nice..or seeing as though its a mk2 vaseline yellow..;)

What about hearing aid beige?

nik
21-03-2007, 16:02
pardon?

biteme
21-03-2007, 16:09
pardon?

I said .....

Paul Woods
21-03-2007, 18:47
if we may return to the swappage girls? :)

today was dummy fit day,i attached the gearbox (not cleaned/painted yet) to the engine without a flywheel/clutch inside it and lifted the whole lot into the bay,brought back memories this one i can tell you!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/136.jpg

it slid in with mm to spare,when ive welded the mounts in it will have to come out the bottom as there wont be enough space to remove from the top,and when i weld the rear wall back in that will defo mean it needs a bottom entry.....steady!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/137.jpg

Lots of room for the SC belt in mk1's! no chopping to do on the suspension turret at all.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/138.jpg

oh i fitted the new water pump...there was a little play in the old one so piece of mind n all that.
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/139.jpg

I also got to the stage of fitting driveshafts and aligning the engine in its final position....tomorrow the mounts get welded in,i'll make a jig to fit these mounts for future use and then the whole lot gets pulled back out again.

msherry21
21-03-2007, 19:03
Thats starting to look Mean Paul!! The cleanest part of the whole car too...by a long shot!

OlberJ
21-03-2007, 19:07
You did say it's a track car Michael, yeah?

Take it you have no plans for the exterior then? Love seeing cars which are built for a purpose.

What you planning on doing with it, track days or you fancy the hillclimb/sprint events?

Murf
21-03-2007, 19:24
Gonna be fun changing the spark plugs in that!!

adamh
21-03-2007, 19:44
cool as. i didnt think there was so much space around them!.. this must mean the although the mk2 looks fat, its just a mis-conception like mc'hammers trousers...

Paul Woods
21-03-2007, 19:52
ah I'm building a removable rear section into this one so plug access is a doddle

ad theres more width in a mk1 bay than mk2,which is cool

Garbe
21-03-2007, 20:49
so the original jig won't work if you are fitting an SC V6?

Looking mighty tasty that engine:drool:

memories ehh paul, but this time it'll be a doddle

msherry21
21-03-2007, 21:20
Ollie, the exterior is just being sprayed shoddily by me in Matt Black, thats it! with that and being a tad lower and phat rims, should look really good. I'm going to be doing track days, hill climbs and anything else I can get it into. First thing is Elvington on the 5th May if its all ready, then Nurburg at the end of May, that should give it a good test drive.

I can't believe how good that looks!

Paul Woods
22-03-2007, 06:43
garbe the TB jig and my 1.5 jig are essentially the same,but cant be used to locate a v6 in a mk1,it needs to sit lower down and further forward a little.I do have a mk1 v6 jig already but that locates the engine/box using st185 driveshafts(slightly longer) and a v6 auto supported shaft and my own custom engine mount on the drivers side....so the new jig will be specifically for mk2NA or turbo shafts and the 4V6 mount making future swaps a lot easier.

Michael do you want me to matt black or gloss black the engine bay mate? i was going to gloss black but if you're doing the exterior matt?

Marksman
22-03-2007, 06:52
You're not really planning on giving this car back are you Paul? I vote you keep this one, new Woodsport demonstrator / TB track car.

Owen.

Paul Woods
22-03-2007, 06:57
now thats a plan :thumbsup: it will have those gorgeous wheels on as well..... maybe mr sherry should meet with a little "accident" :nunu:

biteme
22-03-2007, 08:14
now thats a plan :thumbsup: it will have those gorgeous wheels on as well..... maybe mr sherry should meet with a little "accident" :nunu:

I told you, Paul. I'm not in that game anymore. I've gone legit!

msherry21
22-03-2007, 08:19
Well it will be a TB track car, Its just theres gonna be an idiot behind the wheel of this one!

Paul, What do you think, What colour would be better? I'm finding the matt black to chip easily...I don't know if thats down to my painting skills or the fact that I'm using rattle cans, Matt would be great though.

On a side note, I've painted the Borbets gloss black....GULP!! They certainly look a hell of a lot better than they did (kerbed, scratched etc) may finish them with a gold/ bronzr centre tonight and a black lip...who knows!

I'll definately be down on saturday Paul.

biteme
22-03-2007, 08:23
I think gloss black would be best mate. There's nothing meaner looking that a clean, shiney black motor.

msherry21
22-03-2007, 17:57
The problem really johnny is its a track car so I don't want to pay much to get the colour done, I'd do a shit job myself I reckon, plus the Matt doesn't need primer/ laquer, so its far cheaper! I'm just spraying the matt straight on top of the red! fuck it! unless someone knows someone who can throw some paint over it for feck all cash....and look half decent.

superchargedsam
22-03-2007, 17:59
matt can look awesome if done properly! there are soem really nice eurobarges done in it! god knows how you keep it proper clean though

OlberJ
22-03-2007, 18:07
Nice one Michael, planning on doing a few of the hillclimbs and sprints and trackdays etc so will be good to have another mk1V6 to piss all over me times lol

Should look pretty schweet in matt black.

msherry21
22-03-2007, 18:10
again....its done by me so I'm telling you all now, It will look shit!

superchargedsam
22-03-2007, 18:11
that said Matt could feck your 1/4 mile time up with that increased coefficient of friction over shiny gloss :hmm: :hidesbehi

OlberJ
22-03-2007, 18:13
Well jus do sum viper stripes to offset it then.

superchargedsam
22-03-2007, 18:16
good plan roflmao!

msherry21
22-03-2007, 18:30
...and chrome washer jets!!!

superchargedsam
22-03-2007, 18:31
well the crome will certainly flow some clean air over them ;)

msherry21
22-03-2007, 19:01
This turned up today:

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/143.jpg

Is this all thats needed to turn my rack into a quick rack? Should certainly be fun driving with this fitted on the back roads up to Aviemore......Just to come back again:driving: :twisted:

Garbe
22-03-2007, 19:08
or you could just use it as a whacking stick, quick steering pah

OlberJ
22-03-2007, 19:13
lol Best.....episode....ever!

Paul Woods
22-03-2007, 19:36
michael i could give the old girl a quick matt blacking after all the works been carried out...given what sort of results you would achieve with cans it makes sense that i do it for you with a proper spray gun,and id do it at very minimal cost considering it doesnt need to be amazing,but i would prep the body so it at least adheres and doesnt flake off,thats where yuo are going wrong.

Theres probably a days labour to quickly flat a mk1,mask it up and flash it over with blackboard paint < lol but i reckon i could do a real tidy job,i would need to sort arch extensions out anyway? i'll talk to you on saturday about it mate :thumbsup:

msherry21
22-03-2007, 19:51
I'm glad you took the hint Paul, didn't want to rip the piss and ask for you to do more!! Just to make things more interesting... the wheels are now gold! I can't decide what colour to keep them, I may get them powder coated bronze! nobody round here will do a 2 tone ie polished or different colour lip. I think Bronze would look sweet with the matt black...back out to the garage!

Garbe
23-03-2007, 09:32
What was the reason for not going for the 1MZ fidanza? cost/availability

biteme
23-03-2007, 12:46
Crackin job tone, but I have go with Garbe and ask why the 1MZ fly was not used?

For future reference, incase anyone wants one.

Ultrarev.com stock them. Part number: 130881, price delivered to UK is approx £180.

OlberJ
23-03-2007, 12:58
Methinks it's so he can use a heavy duty N/A clutch kit rather than parts of an n/a kit and a turbo fly.

Jiff Lemon
23-03-2007, 14:41
Im not sure of the reason fellas, i just do what im told to...... :mrgreen:

Really? Send me lots of money!

Jiff Lemon
23-03-2007, 17:12
:praise2:

msherry21
23-03-2007, 17:27
That IS a work of art Tony...even before you perfected it! Thanks again mate. It seems almost mad to hide it under the car.

nik
23-03-2007, 17:35
very nice job mate..to the highest standard..

Paul Woods
23-03-2007, 18:25
ah so thats how he does it!!! cracking job tone.

just to clarify,the reason we are using a mk2na fidanza is so we can keep the NA drivetrain,use the 6 paddle uprated 5s-fe clutch and it all mates up with the NA box.If we went V6 fidanza only the turbo clutch fits that which means it wont work with an NA box (unless we fitted an NA friction plate) if you see what one means!

nik
23-03-2007, 18:32
one does..doesnt one?

Paul Woods
23-03-2007, 18:42
im trying to raise the quality of clientelle twobrutal attracts :)

OlberJ
23-03-2007, 18:57
Sorry Paul, the mk2 boys will always be here. lol

Paul Woods
23-03-2007, 20:15
ha ha you have a point there chaps!

Sparky
24-03-2007, 12:57
and the Australians! Don't forget us. :)

hmm, yep confused now. What fly should I use for my 3vz + s54 box mk2.
is there a fidanza that fits the bill or do I use a manual v6 camry fly (we should have them in this country).

Paul Woods
24-03-2007, 16:18
im not surprised you are a little confused sparky,i'll do a breakdown of the options...

1) 3vz + S54 + modified mk2na flywheel + mk2na clutch kit or 5s-fe uprated clutch
2) 3vz + S54 + modified mk2na fidanza flywheel + mk2na clutch or 5s-fe uprated clutch
3) 3vz + S54 + modified mk2 turbo flywheel + mk2 turbo pressure plate + mk2na friction plate
4) 3vz + S54 + 1mz fidanza flywheel + mk2 turbo pressure plate + mk2na friction plate
5) 3vz + E153 + 1mz fidanza flywheel + mk2 turbo clutch kit
6) 3vz + E153 + modified mk2 turbo flywheel + mk2 turbo clutch kit

jasper
24-03-2007, 17:41
How the hell did you remember all that lot? :mrgreen:
Well he is the originanal anorak afterall lol

EDIT: Just noticed my spelling of original, but in Paul's case it's rather apt lol

Paul Woods
24-03-2007, 17:43
cos im a cyborg sent back from the future to convert as many mr2's to v6 as possible :)

biteme
24-03-2007, 18:22
cos im a boring twat who converts as many mr2's to v6 as possible :)

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Sparky
24-03-2007, 23:02
Thanks for that list Paul.

Top work :)

msherry21
25-03-2007, 10:29
Paul, If we are using the standard ECU, how does it know how much fuel to use if your putting a sc'er on it, would the fuelling not need to be adjusted? `

Paul Woods
25-03-2007, 10:36
nope,cos the 3vz uses an Air flow meter,and the SC is upstream of that,so all the SC is doing is pulling more air through the AFM...so as long as the AFM doesnt max out or there isnt enough mapping in the ecu then it will fuel fine.

Relax though,ive ran jinjas SC'd v6 (with headwork) with an apexi AVCR hooked up so i could monitor injector duty rates and even under max load and wide open throttle the highest duty rate ive seen was 75%.

This means that we have another 25% of injector duty to go before things start maxing out fuel wise,even if it did max out at 100% duty (3s-gte's do this a lot im told) as long as its not leaning out at 100% duty all is well.

The only thing we dont know at the minute is how much boost we can run before we go lean,adding progressively smaller pulleys and monitoring stuff on the AVCR is the only real way to find out :thumbsup:

Paul Woods
25-03-2007, 11:05
tony im only seeing 75% max duty rate at the mo though and we are on 240bhp at just 2psi... by those calcs we are still a long way off maxing the injectors wouldnt you agree?

Jinja
25-03-2007, 11:06
That's a bit strange four as mine was dyno'd with the injectors running at just 12v and it still made 247bhp. And now they're running properly at 14.4v mine is up and around the 280-300bhp mark mate - easily!

Jinja
25-03-2007, 11:33
I do have a walbro on there mate so that could make a difference :)

Paul Woods
25-03-2007, 11:42
well perhaps thats it or the information supplied is only a rough estimate and wildly out.....also fuel pressure is one thing but all things taken into account the ecu is still only deciding the injectors need to be on 75% max duty to maintain the correct air/fuel ratio at present.....that would suggest theres plenty of supply left on the stock injectors.

Interesting though!

msherry21
25-03-2007, 11:52
well at least that answered my question, then asked a few more. good work chaps, thank christ I bought the Walbro!

Paul Woods
25-03-2007, 12:02
definately tony,who knows they might start to max out very quickly just by adding a few psi from the SC.... we will find out in good time as per usual mate!

msherry21
25-03-2007, 12:08
What size are the injectors on the 3VZ-FE?

biteme
25-03-2007, 12:18
What size are the injectors on the 3VZ-FE?

IIRC they are 240cc or something puny like that.

biteme
25-03-2007, 12:21
I'm not prepared to try 22psi from the whipple on std injectors :)

630cc for moi with the Walbro already fitted, I should be ok on fuelling :D

msherry21
25-03-2007, 12:23
Would we be able to throw on some 540's from a mk2 turbo if needed? or would they more than likely not fit.

biteme
25-03-2007, 12:59
aren't the 3sgte also high imp and the 3vz low imp? or t'other way around ...

biteme
25-03-2007, 13:34
Good point.

i know :D

Paul Woods
26-03-2007, 19:40
get orf moi laaaaand! :) bloody threadjackers.

right i got a little more done today,been working on other stuff so progress isnt as quick as it should be,i know its not good enough etc

heres the drivers mount finished and all braced up...remember this is v6 specific using the 4V6 mount,dont worry ive done templates :thumbsup:
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/191.jpg

And heres the passenger side all finished,just requires seam sealer and paint....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/192.jpg

Work has also started on the boot wall,im doing this slightly different so that access to the rear spark plugs isnt an issue,useful on a track car! This is roughly where the SC pulley sits and recesses into.....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/193.jpg

And heres the new wall from behind,i will put a nice ally cover over that hole for access....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/194.jpg

So you see ive retained part of the original wall so it still has the loom grommet hole on it.

msherry21
26-03-2007, 19:49
Looking great Paul, Its coming on a treat!

adamh
26-03-2007, 21:27
good show paul, i do like the fabrication side of stuff . quick hijack: i drove al's v6 again saturday ( i am lucky :gay: ) .. that car is something else, its awesome! :twisted: alan I were saying theres still only 2 on the road and jeffs nearly done, like to see them all out there

Jiff Lemon
26-03-2007, 22:01
Paul, how you gonna get around the drainage problem? I'm thinking of curving a sheet up so that any water getting on the rear firewall runs down, onto the curve and off over the crossmember.

Planning is one thing - Getting someone to weld it and finding the time for them to do it is something completely different!

lodgeman
26-03-2007, 22:23
mr jiff, i have some holiday due when i come back from las vegas,how about i come over and weld the bloody thing for you and get this thing on the bleeding road:hidesbehi

superchargedsam
26-03-2007, 22:24
wanna come round mine after and finish fitting mgine in then!

Jiff Lemon
26-03-2007, 22:34
may take you up on that Mr Lodge; Need to find out how my little bro's mini got on at the MOT station so that I can order him down here to lend a hand too.

Paul Woods
27-03-2007, 06:45
yeah jiff thats the best way,any water that runs between engine and bootlid will just run down the back panel and out the bottom.Ive also blocked the upper rain channels each side of the wall extension so it runs back.The extended wall sits under the boot so water ingress shouldnt be too much of a problem really.

Marksman
27-03-2007, 06:48
wanna come round mine after and finish fitting mgine in then!

You're meant to do at least one of the jobs yourself Sam :poke2:

O.S.

Paul Woods
27-03-2007, 07:05
oooh that looks like fun....

you're meant to do at least one of the jobs yourself johnny :poke2:

steviek
27-03-2007, 07:46
wheres your engine gone mike lol

superchargedsam
27-03-2007, 10:52
You're meant to do at least one of the jobs yourself Sam :poke2:

O.S.

good point! well did wash it at the weekend briefly if that counts and bolted both seats in properly and sorted both door cards out and emptied boot and frunk...christ why did I stop it could have been finished by now!

biteme
27-03-2007, 13:51
Startup by Monday then, Sam?

superchargedsam
27-03-2007, 15:52
yup...............

.......could well be a monday!

Garbe
27-03-2007, 16:34
Which monday it will be is another matter

superchargedsam
27-03-2007, 17:30
exaclemondo!

Paul Woods
27-03-2007, 19:22
your breasts are coming on a treat johnny :)

Paul Woods
27-03-2007, 19:32
lots of pretty pics today,starting with the fidanza NA fly fresh from the 4V6 machine shed,sorry shop!!! :)

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/200.jpg

Next up is the 6 paddle clutch ....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/201.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/202.jpg

Excellent bit of kit,even comes with an alignment tool.

A bit of furious gearbox cleaning/painting and that got bolted up too...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/203.jpg

Finally the engine bay got seam sealed and treated to a fresh coat of gloss red,sunglasses on please chaps,its a bit brighter than it used to be!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/204.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/205.jpg

Jinja
27-03-2007, 19:50
Looking good Paul :thumbsup:

Shugsta
27-03-2007, 20:10
You're gonna have the UN inspectors at your door Paul...coz that is a serious weapon your building there. :hehe:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

OlberJ
27-03-2007, 20:41
Shugsta! Your anus is bleeding!

Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy:boogie: :hyper: :boogie: :hyper: :boogie: :hyper:

adamh
27-03-2007, 21:22
thats a nice payload on the ws dolly.. looks awesome :cool:

msherry21
27-03-2007, 23:07
That gearbox looks mint! and the colour keeps getting better and better, gorgeous! Just to make things more interesting, my mate turned up at my house at 6.30pm in his brand new White with black wheels Exige S! That is one stunning motor. Ordered it 2 months ago and didn't tell anyone!

Awesome work Paul.

OlberJ
27-03-2007, 23:10
There's one of them that lives up here mate, looks awesome in white.

When u reckon ur getting the beast back then?

superchargedsam
27-03-2007, 23:41
awesome work geezer and loving the engine!

Shugsta
28-03-2007, 01:28
Shugsta! Your anus is bleeding!

Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy:boogie: :hyper: :boogie: :hyper: :boogie: :hyper:

Aye Ollie, I diddny cook the Brillo pad curry for long enough. :woods:

biteme
28-03-2007, 07:50
That's spectacular! :D

msherry21
28-03-2007, 08:13
No Idea Ollie, still quite a few bits to be done. I just love getting home from work then waiting for the next update, tis awesome!

biteme
28-03-2007, 08:30
I know that feeling mate. I had a the pleasure of checking from work, even though I knew Paul was at the workshop, I'd still check every 10-15 minutes!

OlberJ
28-03-2007, 18:22
Aye Ollie, I diddny cook the Brillo pad curry for long enough. :woods:

Your old avatar with the stick guys, have you seen the full film? Called Rejected. All about a guy who was commisioned to do a series of adverts for the Family Learning Channel.

Rejected (http://www.yikers.com/video_rejected_cartoons.html) <--- Here we go.

Feckin kwality humour.

Paul Woods
28-03-2007, 18:34
today saw the engine/box loaded onto the woodsport dolly....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/214.jpg

And the whole lot pushed under,i needed to take the SC off so it would clear the bottom of the bay.

30 mins later and......

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/215.jpg

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/216.jpg

Now doesnt that look nice! all this effort for a track day hooner,i must be off my trolley.

I also got the driveshafts fitted,hubs bolted back up and fitted the coilpack/amp...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/217.jpg

Finally today i got the SC back on,dizzy fitted and lots of little boring jobs you really dont want to hear about..... mr sherry was kind enough to supply me with packets of hobnobs and 2 bottles of irn bru which is essential swap fluid!!! ive been bending iron girders for fun!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/03/218.jpg

OlberJ
28-03-2007, 18:39
There's piles of room in there! Even with the S/C.

I can't wait to see this thing move. What you aiming for lads, 280bhp?

:thumbsup: Monster!

msherry21
28-03-2007, 18:47
I just wet myself!

as for power Ollie, I still have no idea, maybe Paul or someone can shed some light on that? Its all about driveability for me.

Paul Woods
28-03-2007, 18:47
i think 240bhp is a realistic target with the stock 4psi pulley....but who knows?

OlberJ
28-03-2007, 18:51
I take it it's standard heads then? 240 will be addequate am sure. And scope to move on with bigger pulley etc.

How does the S/C effect torque?

Paul Woods
28-03-2007, 19:04
well on the 1mz it hikes torque up by the same amount according to phils dyno he had done.

msherry21
28-03-2007, 19:06
I want a bigger pulley as soon as I can get my hands on one, will stick with stock until the engines run in properly and its safe to get a slightly bigger one, take it from there, hopefully end up with a 6psi pulley soon though.

msherry21
28-03-2007, 21:41
Just to throw something in here, What does everyone think of these?

http://www.pulleyboys.com/trd_camry3.4l.html

Look good and a good price too, just looking into the next stage. Any opinions people?

Shorty
28-03-2007, 22:00
OMG that looks good. Sooo, shiny. Damn you Paul for making it looks so easy!!;)

And again. The gearbox look just dropps my jaw every time. Unbelievable. Lucky Michael!!!:snooty: :whistle:

Jinja
28-03-2007, 23:20
Just to throw something in here, What does everyone think of these?

http://www.pulleyboys.com/trd_camry3.4l.html

Look good and a good price too, just looking into the next stage. Any opinions people?

I think I may have to invest..!! They look right for the job mate, I think I'll go for the 7psi one :thumbsup:

Have you asked if they will ship to the UK?

msherry21
28-03-2007, 23:24
havn't asked but I'm sure there won't be a problem with it. What do you need to do to shorten the belt or where can you buy a shorter belt from?

adamh
28-03-2007, 23:52
wow, looks amazing in there. you want more horses.. i cant imagine what a v6 stripped out woud go like , its fast enough on full weight.. then bolt on a sc, get some headwork done, change pulley..wham.. change pants

biteme
29-03-2007, 08:01
This thing will move.

4psi pulley on the 3VZFE will be 3.0 - 3.5psi in reality. I think between 260bhp is achieveable there dude.

MRV6
29-03-2007, 21:32
Great find mate, I think I'll invest in one of these. Only thing is will the 3.4l supercharger pulleys fit on the 3.0l supercharger.

msherry21
29-03-2007, 21:47
Phil, this is what I have no idea about, maybe someone else can shed some light? I'd love to get one ordered to see what its like, how easy is it to get a smaller belt and any ideas where from?

MRV6
29-03-2007, 21:54
Hmm might have to drop em a e mail. As for the belt I have a tensioner pulley on mine mate, did Paul put one on yours? Belts aren't that hard to get hold of anyhow.

OlberJ
29-03-2007, 22:00
Any motor factors or possibly halfords will have a selection of belts. Measure it with a bit of string and get the right ribs. Tensioner will defo help.

msherry21
29-03-2007, 22:06
Phil, I've just email them and asked about delivery to the UK too, I'll let you know their response asap.

Cheers Ollie, I'll remember that!

MRV6
29-03-2007, 22:13
Good man! Keep us posted.

Paul Woods
30-03-2007, 07:11
i can get any size belt thats needed so its not a prob :thumbsup:

msherry21
30-03-2007, 08:53
Paul, What size pulley do you reckon I should get? The 6psi - 2.8" one?

Glad to hear you can get the belts!

Paul Woods
30-03-2007, 17:18
well its a bit of a gamble at the moment,you're in unchartered territory pulley wise,id say go for the 6psi and see if she still runs rich on wide open throttle,as long as its not leaning you're ok.

MRV6
30-03-2007, 20:03
well its a bit of a gamble at the moment,you're in unchartered territory pulley wise,id say go for the 6psi and see if she still runs rich on wide open throttle,as long as its not leaning you're ok.

I'm gonna get mine rolling roaded again to see what it's running like, if it's ok I'll prob go for the 5 or 5.5 psi. Due to me having softer internals and the injectors also might limit my choice of pulley sizes. Paul also thinks that head work reduces the compresion so you might have to have a smaller pulley than you original choice, as he says it's all a bit of a lottery at the moment.

biteme
30-03-2007, 20:47
I'm gonna get mine rolling roaded again to see what it's running like, if it's ok I'll prob go for the 5 or 5.5 psi. Due to me having softer internals and the injectors also might limit my choice of pulley sizes. Paul also thinks that head work reduces the compresion so you might have to have a smaller pulley than you original choice, as he says it's all a bit of a lottery at the moment.

That's the name of the game, boundary pushing!

OlberJ
30-03-2007, 20:48
You ain't pushing my boundary. :gay:

MRV6
30-03-2007, 22:34
You ain't pushing my boundary. :gay:

Yeah you can keep away from my boundary as well mate! My boundary's off limits!!

biteme
30-03-2007, 23:41
You're off limits, you rabid dawg!

Gary.H
31-03-2007, 12:03
Keeping a keen eye on all this V6 Camry into Mk1 goodness as I am and noting the comments about lightening....

What's the stock weight of a V6 Camry engine ? and what can be done to reduce this ? lightweight replacement parts, removing any unecessary bits etc ?

Not sure just relocated the battery to the frunk is going to offset the additional weight of the V6 ;)

Cheers - Gary

biteme
31-03-2007, 12:16
Only lightweight engine internals, crank pulley, flywheel, you might save 20-30lb in total. But, it WILL cost!

Only plus point is that if you go for lighter engine internals and decide not to s/c then you can go up to around 13:1 compression to get a bit more power from it.

msherry21
31-03-2007, 14:39
reply from Pulleyboys:

"The ones I have go to a 3.4L Camry and Solara Supercharger if it may or may not work I am not quite sure on the application for this one. I can ship to the UK if you decided to order throught us. Thank you and have a nice weekend."

I'll order one this weekend and see what happens!

MRV6
31-03-2007, 15:47
reply from Pulleyboys:

"The ones I have go to a 3.4L Camry and Solara Supercharger if it may or may not work I am not quite sure on the application for this one. I can ship to the UK if you decided to order throught us. Thank you and have a nice weekend."

I'll order one this weekend and see what happens!

How much did he charge to ship to "Good Ole Blighty" mate?

Paul Woods
02-04-2007, 18:35
work resumed today on the mk1 v6 SC,starting with the torque mounts.... heres the rear one,first time ive ever fitted a mk2 NA box into a mk1 and id like to say this is the easiest rear torque mount ive ever had to do,turn it upside down,bolt it back onto the box and weld the mk1 chassis plate onto the mk2 rubber block,easy!
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/32.jpg

Next was the front mount,standard issue 1.5 clobber.....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/33.jpg

After that i spent the day joining rad pipes up,fitting the SC belt and alternator and lots of other boring stuff i couldnt be arsed to take a pic of :)

Tomorrow im going to wire it up and get cracking with the Woodsport ISCV adapter.

msherry21
02-04-2007, 19:15
Its coming together well Paul, looking good!

Paul Woods
02-04-2007, 19:18
yep! down to the nitty gritty now mate,wont be long before she fires up.

msherry21
02-04-2007, 19:21
Ooooooooooooo, can't wait! You had a look at that exhaust yet?? Hopefully nice, shiny and evil looking!!

I bought the 6psi pulley from pulleyboys, $8.10 for shipping so far but they might contact me to tell me thats just the USA price, see what happens. Still not sure if it will fit though.

Paul Woods
03-04-2007, 07:24
great stuff,i'll have a look at the exhaust today and take pics.

Ive also got a smaller SC belt here for the 6psi pulley,they are a twat to change though!

msherry21
03-04-2007, 10:03
Does this mean that you need more swap fuel? I'll get some ordered!

Paul Woods
03-04-2007, 19:42
you can never have enough swap fuel ,i'll look out for a pallet full of irn bru and hobnobs :)

lots done today...i got the wiring done in the first half of the day,ecu fitted....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/35.jpg

and all wiring done,it needs tidying but A is joined to B for now...
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/36.jpg

The latter half of the day was taken up building the woodsport patented ISCV adapter body....

here it is half built....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/37.jpg

and completed....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/38.jpg

check out the welds on that! i shot all the crows that were formerly nesting in the rafters :)

Only one colour will do for this.....copper!!!
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/39.jpg

And here it is fitted with the ISCV body attached....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/40.jpg

Finally i got the heater pipes and fuel lines connected....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/41.jpg

Steaming along now.....startup imminent!

Jinja
03-04-2007, 20:12
Really taking shape now Paul :thumbsup:

biteme
03-04-2007, 20:28
I'm loving the copper effect mate. Spot on.

I think this is a Mk1 I want.... no no ... I never said that!! :D

OlberJ
03-04-2007, 21:12
You waaanna it, you waaanna it, you waaanna it, you caaaaaaaaaan't have it!

biteme
03-04-2007, 21:22
<JACK NICHOLSON>
You want the car? You can't handle the car
</JACK NICHOLSON>

adamh
03-04-2007, 22:02
was gonna say nice meaty welds! looking good altogether :shades:

msherry21
04-04-2007, 18:43
That looks stunning Paul, I can't believe how much you got done yesterday!! I'm just back from being "Dan Saff" yet again.

Paul Woods
04-04-2007, 19:33
yep it was a balls out busy day for sure mate!

right heres an overview of where we are up to....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/49.jpg

All the plumbing is now done bar the boost gauge (see what i did there? bar,boost....geddit?) and the throttle body is fitted and plumbed.Ive done the cam breather hoses and quite a few little jobs that all add up.

Its starting to look the part though.

heres the monster exhaust thats going onto it tomorrow with a bit of grinderage,should sound fecking awesome!
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/50.jpg

msherry21
04-04-2007, 19:54
HA HA HA HA!!! That looks fecking stunning and the zorst is just insane! Thats gonna look crazy out the arse of a mk1!

adamh
04-04-2007, 22:06
HA HA HA HA!!! That looks fecking stunning and the zorst is just insane! Thats gonna look crazy out the arse of a mk1!
thats if your quick enough to keep up :popcorn: this is going to stir up some banter on the track, are you putting it on the road ?

biteme
04-04-2007, 22:25
Dude, if you don't mind, I'd love a head to head in mine once the whipple is installed? Yours will be around 200-300kg lighter than mine, so it's gonna really shift!

msherry21
04-04-2007, 22:34
Adam, yeah its going to be a road legal track car.

Johnny, I'm definately up for that! Preferably on a circuit though, not just straight line stuff...bores me to tears.

superchargedsam
04-04-2007, 22:34
mmm cant wait to see this beastie on the track thats for sure!

adamh
04-04-2007, 22:43
im excited mate lol .. awesome set up .. peeeoooowww :driving:
are you going to enter some kind of racing league or individual days etc?

msherry21
05-04-2007, 07:53
I'm going to be entering it into as much stuff as possible, hill climbs etc, not really looked into that side of it yet till I've done a few track days in her and got the suspension setup properly. Once she's back from Pauls I still need to sort the front suspension out(all parts waiting to go on) and fit the quaife rack. and theres a load of other small bits and pieces that I'll do before shes properly out on the road again.

Paul Woods
05-04-2007, 18:57
today saw the exhaust system fabbed up and fitted,a lot of work for such a small system,this thing is going to howl and i mean HOWL! are you ready for the entire exhaust from the flexi back?.......

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/59.jpg

TA DA!!!! the shortest system in the known mk1iverse.

Here it is bolted up to the v6 downpipes,i had to step 2" up to 3" pipe and include a flange join,theres not much room under there!

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/60.jpg

LOL ive seen motorbikes with bigger systems!

here is the rear view,ive had to cut into the rear valence so make it a snug fit....
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2007/04/61.jpg

Tomorrow sees the front battery location,speedo cable fitted,throttle cable fitted and a possible fire up on the cards.

msherry21
05-04-2007, 19:05
I knew that exhaust would suit the mkl!!! Paul that looks Schweet!!! That is one damn short system, nice and loud!

Shugsta
05-04-2007, 19:07
:drool: :drool: :drool: ..Spurt! Exhaust porn.

adamh
05-04-2007, 22:57
woo fire up soon, the worlds first v6sc mk1?..

Paul Woods
06-04-2007, 06:26
ah not quite,the vick brothers (legendary mr2 builders of old) from the US built a 1mz SC mk1 way back in 2001 ish,that had a 5 stud wheel conversion too.

I think this may well be the worlds first 3vz SC mk1 though?

Marksman
06-04-2007, 06:39
Outstanding :praise2:

This is going to be a special toy.

Have fun chaps,

Owen.

superchargedsam
06-04-2007, 17:21
aweseom zorst! you sure any track in the UK is gonna allow such a loud mofo hehe!

msherry21
06-04-2007, 17:28
If its too loud I can always shove a baby up there, should keep the noise down a bit.

Paul Woods
06-04-2007, 17:57
feck the track! we will have to shove a cabbage up there just to get it through mot!

Rowdan
06-04-2007, 17:58
If its too loud I can always shove a baby up there, should keep the noise down a bit.
Badgers are good too, though not as readily available.

Had a pair of them nesting in the zorst on my SC.;)

Paul Woods
06-04-2007, 18:05
or maybe a hedgehog? about the right size i reckon...

msherry21
06-04-2007, 18:42
nah....I like to use babies!:hidesbehi

MRV6
06-04-2007, 18:59
Shove one of Johnny's melons up there.