PDA

View Full Version : Wide rear arches

Tom G
07-03-2007, 12:08
Soon I'll be getting my rear arches fixed up, and was wondering if there are some alternative off-the-shelf arches which look similar to the Mk1, but more flared? I think they'd go well with my 225 tyres. Otherwise I'll probs go with the arches suggested in other topics.

Cheers!

superchargedsam
07-03-2007, 12:27
Tom am about to send my car off for a mould maker to use to make exactly what you describe, the brief for him is the same angles but about 3/4-1" wider than standard if this is of any interest to you.

Tom G
07-03-2007, 14:40
I am interested! :thumbsup:
So do you plan to get the panels made up, or just the mould?
Either way, if there's a chance I could get my hands on a pair, (of arches, ahem) let me know!
Cheers

superchargedsam
07-03-2007, 15:01
am having the moulds made then the panels will be made under license for me.

millentubby
07-03-2007, 15:03
Sweet! Have you any pics of progress yet Sam?

It'll have to be a damn good looking kit to go on my mk1 though - Mr T did such a good job with the initial design...just needs a few little tweaks here and there.

superchargedsam
07-03-2007, 15:06
Millen I am from same school of thought as you and yes the arches are briefed to be exactly as original lines just wider and once blended on and sprayed I want it to look totally original but will make people in the know look at the car and ask themselves whats different! My SC for example will always retain original lines including front spoiler and side skirts etc.