PDA

View Full Version : Need help please failed M.O.T.

Indy
02-03-2007, 18:56
Hi all i need some assistance as my MK2 REV3 G-LTD has just failed its M.O.T.The carbon monoxide levels were to high on tick over 7.3.2c was the reading so is there anyway of reducing this,the engine has only done 45,000 miles and apart from an induction kit is totally standard,i run it on B.P ULTIMATE and it was serviced only a short time ago.My speedo has also packed in,the car was put on a diagnostic and it came back with a ,faulty speed sensor, reading could this be why the power steering has packed in as well?and does it effect the tick over as this is still messing around.Other than that the car was pronounced fit and in good nick.I am a bit reluctant to throw money at the car as i,m having the V6 put in some time so most of the problems will go away so where could i get a used speedo sensor from and maybe a power steering relay.Cheers.Indy.

Marksman
02-03-2007, 19:05
I believe the power steering is indeed speed sensitive so I'd certainly fix the speedo before throwing parts at the steering.

Sorry I'm no help on the rest :slap:

Good luck.

Owen.

mr2-k
02-03-2007, 20:32
Silly question time Indy, did you put it through the MOT with a decat on??

:hidesbehi

Indy
02-03-2007, 20:50
To be honest i,m not sure,i have never been under the car to check what should i look for?

David Sleith
02-03-2007, 21:05
A big bulging down pipe made of cast steel just below the exhaust manifold if the cat is still there. You will need to jack the car up and crawl underneath. Not the easiest access.

Indy
02-03-2007, 21:16
Ok will do i,ll let you know how i get on.Cheers.Indy.

Fizzy
05-03-2007, 15:18
Actually, thats the location of the TURBO cat....its right up by the exhaust manifold on the engine.

For the NA (g-limited) the cat actually runs parallel to and behind the back box. Sits between the back box and the rear cross member, on the passenger side of the car. Cant miss it as it looks like a mini-back box if fitted. ;)

I'm sure I could find a photo or two if I look around on the net a bit..

Indy
05-03-2007, 17:46
Cheers for that.I,m just waiting for the persistent perpendicular precipitation...(rain)to stop and i will crawl under and have a look.