PDA

View Full Version : Erratic idle REV3 G-LTD.

Indy
25-02-2007, 15:50
Hi folks i have got a problem with my 1994 G-LTD.I disconnected the battery the other day and on doing the live wire up the ratchet touched one of the bars that the plastic cover mounts on and there was a bloody great spark.The car now refuses to tick over,the revs rise to about 1,500 then fall to a few hundred then up to 1,500 again and after a few times of this it stalls.If you start it up and don,t touch the throttle it will tick over quite happily but as soon as you give it a bit of throttle it starts messing around again.The speedo has also packed in as well as the power steering although this had been messing around for a few weeks turning its self on and off when it felt like it.I have got an induction kit fitted but otherwise the engine is standard and when you are out on the road it drives great.Any ideas anyone.Indy.

msherry21
25-02-2007, 17:07
sounds like you've blown a few fuses, also maybe try removing the efi fuse for 2 minutes then replace this will reset the ecu, might work, its what I usually try first.

Michael.

Garbe
25-02-2007, 17:18
as above, check your fuses, hopefully thats all it is.

Paul Woods
25-02-2007, 17:32
as the lads say,check fuses first,reset the ecu and take it from there.....on a more technical note your ISCV (located on the throttle body) has three wires going to it,check the black/yellow wire has 12v with ignition on....jesus im sad.

Indy
25-02-2007, 19:14
I,m going to be totally thick now.Where is the E.F.I fuse located?I have checked the fuses in the frunk and in the engine bay and all are ok is there another fuse box anywhere?Cheers.indy.

mr2-k
25-02-2007, 19:16
EFI fuse is in the engine bay box, its the 15amp one

Paul Woods
25-02-2007, 19:20
it wont be the efi fuse,it that was blown the engine wouldnt start as that provides ignition supply to the ecu among other things.

try an ecu reset and also check the B/Y wire going to the ISCV has 12v with ignition on,this too feeds from the EFI fuse but its known for getting a break in the wiring inside the loom....

Indy
25-02-2007, 19:42
Okydoky cheers folks will let you know what happens.Indy.