PDA

View Full Version : Manual Boost Controllers

Sponge Bob
14-02-2007, 14:44
I've seen that you can get "In-car" MBC's - do these actually differ from all the other ball & spring MBC's on ebay? Seems like a marketing ploy - or are the pressures the ball gives-way at slightly different (due to the extra piping to get it to the cabin...)

If not, then can I use any of those in car just by running pipe into the cabin?

Going to get one of these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERTEK-BOOST-CONTROLLER-TOYOTA-SUPRA-CELICA-GT4_W0QQitemZ140084108889QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10428Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem unless someone suddenly pounces on the thread with a reason why I shouldn't.

Also, why do some have 3 outlets and some have 2 outlets on them?

Shorty
14-02-2007, 15:23
It will probably do the job but i like shopping from mr2 guys like twosrus making mr2 stuff for us. And Keri ofcourse which i get all my brake stuff from:)

50$ so it`s just over that price, but then again, i easily pay a bit more for service and stuff:)

adamh
14-02-2007, 20:38
ash, dosent really matter about the length, the difference in time at which compressed air travels up a small (4mm or so) pipe between a foot and two metres is neglible. i've never seen a 'regulating' type device with 3 ports.... except normal full sized regulators which use the third as a gauge take off point, that may be why some have 3 outputs.

Sponge Bob
14-02-2007, 22:36
I thought as much about the distance Ad... still wondering about the 3rd output tho... it just seems like an extra place for a leak!

adamh
15-02-2007, 10:06
as i said chap, maybe a take off port for a pressure gauge. i've only ever seen regulators with three ports, and this mbc device in effect is a regulator. two port devices can be regulators aswell but with no pressure take off.
when i meant i hadnt seen any i was refering to mbc's with 3 ports !