PDA

View Full Version : TRD thermostat

Murf
10-02-2007, 23:30
I had a TRD low temp thermostat fitted by Paul when i got my new engine dropped in.
Now ive done the rev3 ecu conversion i'm having problems, the coolant doesnt get hot enough for the ecu think that the cars not on initial startup so it keeps the idle speed at about 1k unless the car is sitting still idling for 10mins or more!

What should i do?
1,try and fit a resistor to fool the ecu into thinking the cars hotter than it is.
Not good for fuelling and a bit of a bodge!

2,Ditch the TRD stat and fit a normal one
Prob the best idea as the heater is never more than lukewarm and takes ages to heat up but a bit of a pain to do!

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Jiff Lemon
11-02-2007, 11:36
Ditch the stat and put a normal one in there. Hang onto it though, cos summertime may see a need for it

Murf
11-02-2007, 14:10
Pain in the arse, it cost me £35 and its too effective for its own good!

where abouts does the stat live, is it the water outlet beside the dizzy or the one beside the alternator?
also for a rev2 engine will it be the smaller type thermostat or the slightly larger one?

adamh
11-02-2007, 16:33
murf i was looking about for thermos apparently rev 1 & 2 are the same fit, rev 3 is different. fensport/camskill .
it should be under the alternator water outlet etc. iv'e checked the outlet under dizzy theres nowt there!.

Gary Symons
11-02-2007, 16:41
murf i was looking about for thermos apparently rev 1 & 2 are the same fit, rev 3 is different. fensport/camskill .
it should be under the alternator water outlet etc. iv'e checked the outlet under dizzy theres nowt there!.

Stat is next to the oil filter:
http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=6576

I did the same when looking for the stat lol

Murf
11-02-2007, 18:09
Cheers, great link!
Off to look in camskill, anyone want a sub 500 mile old TRD stat?
At the very least it'll enable you to fit a TRD sticker on your bootlit and be able to justify it!