PDA

View Full Version : wiring! injector connectors issue

Jaemus
08-02-2007, 09:20
hey all, im having a go at sticking the wiring loom onto the motor, ive jsut discovered that all 6 injectors are now hard up against the fuel rails making it impossible to slide the connectors onto! what the hell happened here? i can see from early photos that there was a gap before i took it all apart and re-assembled it. any tips?

Jaemus
08-02-2007, 10:03
dont think so...

photos

now:

http://home.exetel.com.au/jaemus/mr2swap/injnow.jpg

before:

http://home.exetel.com.au/jaemus/mr2swap/injthen.jpg

*shrugs

Jiff Lemon
08-02-2007, 10:33
ah, had this myself....

Just a case of reseating the injectors carefully - they've gone in slightly off centre - Check the seal too as you could have ended up tearing one.

Garbe
08-02-2007, 10:44
Had this on mine, but managed to get the connectors on.

should i take them out and redo them?

Jaemus
08-02-2007, 10:44
righto, ill haul em out again. bugger.

Jaemus
08-02-2007, 10:53
yarp, realignment sorted that. bit odd. cheers fellas!

ill keep this thread for more wiring related questions that are imminent! (i just need to put them into some sort of organised form with photos)

Jaemus
08-02-2007, 10:59
actually, before i get to that,

the alternator.

its a bit oily underneath, ive cleaned up the outside of it much as i can, it rotates freely and smoothly. i then took the cap off, checked the brushes, theyre very healthy, and inspected the IC board best i could (no burns), put it back together.

then just to see if it would work, i put the multimeter on one terminal and grounded the other probe, then used the rubber sanding drum attatchment on the dremel on low speed to spin the pulley up from inside. this resulted in alot of smoke, shaved rubber (yeah! im burning rubber already!) and i SEEMED to get the pulley spinning rather fast, tho how fast i have no idea. however the multimeter registered only about half a volt. now, either this just wont work for some fundamental reason, or it wasnt spinning fast enough, or i was spinning it the wrong way, or its actually knackered in some way.

thoughts? i have a proper drill in the van i can go get and give it a spin with that :mrgreen:, and a hex bit on the pulley bolt this time, to see if that helps, if the idea of testing it in this fashion is worth pursuing.

Jaemus
08-02-2007, 11:44
oh, so it needs a bit of a load then? arse. i was hoping to test it to quell my paranoia. thats ok tho. maybe ill wire it to a dead battery that i have? ... no... i cant be arsed. maybe if i get bored.

i should find something to cut with this dremel maybe!

i just noted, that the wierd extra thingy on my '96 TB, which i am presuming to be traction control (there is a "trac fuse", in the fusebox i stole off the '93 wrecker camry, however that had a normal shaped TB... anyhoo) - it has the same exact plug as the one on the idle speed motor. theyre interchangeable. of course the harness i have being from the '93 wrecker camry, doesnt have an extra plug for this. which i can only assume is good seing as the ECU i have (atm) is also from a '93.

just throwing it out there.

Paul Woods
08-02-2007, 16:59
jaemus you need to pay very special attention to those injectors now,theres every chance an O ring or two is damaged,as soon as you can pressurize up the fuel rails and watch the injectors for leaking,last thing you want is fuel pissing out when driving bud.

Jaemus
08-02-2007, 21:10
yup, its definately on my mind, when i realigned them the o-rings looked fine, i will deffo check them very carefully when i get pressure on there. cheers!