PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure gauge plumbing

adamh
13-01-2007, 22:12
has anyone plumbed one in before?. i would have thought it best to plum the electical sensor in at the end of the fuel rail just before the return after the last injector, i plan to machine into the rail there and want to see the pressure at its farthest point from the pump and closest to the last injecy or perhaps at the start / in the middle, underneath.. floating :toke: any thoughts? im almost sure there will be a drop across the rail.

adamh
13-01-2007, 23:42
ok, im going to plunge in between 3 & 4, biased to 4 space permitting. that is, if four is the return side whichever it is lah lah
just when you think you dont have to take it apart any more :banghead: getting silly ideas of putting widgets in.. i should just shove it in on the end with a tee, b****x !

adamh
14-01-2007, 00:11
the regulators at the end of the rail.. after the injectors right.. ? and it bleeds off into the return correcto? to be sure, wished my car was less than 25m away!

nik
14-01-2007, 10:01
25 meters..lazy git..!! ;)

adamh
14-01-2007, 10:44
if it was meters id have a quilt and pillow inside :) it wouldnt bash a pillow in my mush and tell me to stop snoring ..

OlberJ
14-01-2007, 12:07
But you wouldn't try to mount it from behind after 15 pints.

Or would you? lol

Shorty
14-01-2007, 14:49
Oh my, thats a horrendous image ive just got! :eek2:

Think i got the same one:idea:

adamh
14-01-2007, 17:24
you are all familiar with it then lol

adamh
19-01-2007, 19:44
after looking at the injector rail, and the thoughts of removing the inlet manifold and stuff to get to it, and all the other crap on top , i decided to cheat :mrgreen: , i took out the banjo bolt at the start of the rail where the supply fuel pipe attatches.. drilled a 2mm through hole in it the top, and then got a mate to stainless tig weld using a mild steel filler rod .. a 1/8" b.s.p.t solid stainless fitting on top.. i then re-faced on tut lathe the sealing flange of the banjo bolt to make sure it was o.k after the heat, then screwed in the pressure sender , with ptfe and big elbow swing of course .. pink sender / green fitting rest under is the normal banjo

http://www.adamhutchison.co.uk/graphics/defifitting.jpg