PDA

View Full Version : Timing

tom1mr2
05-01-2007, 18:51
Right i have put the heads back on and come to set the timing up ready to put the belt on but i have a few question and want to check it's correct from people who have done it before ie paul woods :thumbsup:

Right heres a pic just for reference:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9799/dsc00241sk4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Right first question what should the top pulleys be set at 3v or 4v? because the left one in the pic lines up with the marks perfect but the right one has to be turned to line up, which then knocks out the lines in the cams?

Only thing i can think of is that when i took it to bits i marked the pulleys then took the belt of the cams on the right must have moved any ideas/advice?

Things to check? as much advice and help as poss please as i don't want to get this wrong that's why i am asking you guys!

also what have you set the crank at as the autodata says 0 but it was set at 5 when i took it of mine? any ideas again should i set it at 0?

I really don't want to get this wrong so as much help as poss would be superb.

Cheers, Tom.

Paul Woods
05-01-2007, 19:41
tom the top pulleys,set them to 3v....ie 3vz-fe :) and align the crank to 0 on the bottom cover.

It takes a bit of fiddling and ive noticed the right cam pulley doesnt always line up 100% with its top mark but you would know if it was a full tooth out or not.The belt runs around an idler between the cam pulleys so any wear or difference in belt thicknesses means a small error on the cam pulley marks,as long as its not a full tooth away it will be grand.

Paul Woods
05-01-2007, 19:42
also fit the belt with the tensioner completely off,its a tight fit as it is!

tom1mr2
05-01-2007, 20:12
Cheers paul that's superb mate ! i just did not want to get it wrong lol.

I already have them on the 3v and 0 on crank so it would have been ok but better to double check :)

should be in and running sweet then soon i hope
:thumbsup:

Jiff Lemon
07-01-2007, 15:44
Good see people not doing a jiff and getting the front bank pulley on the wrong way round! :)