PDA

View Full Version : Cross EVERYTHING!

OlberJ
25-12-2006, 22:46
Was home for Chrimbo today and was speaking to my dad, who in turn had been speaking to my cousin recently, he's just bought himself a Vauxhall Monaro to go with his Clio V6, gaggle of Alpha's and Teg Type-R.

Anywho's, he ask my dad about the two and what's been happening with it and my dad explains the recent gearbox result and the plans for it, to which my cousin replies, "Camry you say? My mate's got one of those with a broken gearbox lying on his farm he wants rid of!"

So basically there's a Camry i can get my hands on for pretty much nowt. Now what i don't know is what engine it has but knowing my cousin William and his friends, it is 99.99% definitely gonna be the V6.

So get everything you've got crossed and send all your spare luck over this way and i might *just* have a new engine for the new year.

Could this be the cheapest conversion ever? :jump:

Murf
25-12-2006, 22:54
Yay!!!
Be interesting to see how the V6 compares to the 3SGTE!

biteme
26-12-2006, 00:06
Fingers crossed mate!

Marksman
26-12-2006, 00:13
:pray:

Owen.

Shorty
26-12-2006, 01:03
Great news. Good luck sent:)

Paul Woods
26-12-2006, 09:30
just pray its not the shitty 2.5 2vz-fe! fingers crossed mate!

OlberJ
26-12-2006, 11:01
Shhhh Paul, don't go saying that, you'll jinx me. lol

Garbe
26-12-2006, 11:46
finger crossed mate, good luck

millentubby
26-12-2006, 19:14
nice one Dude!!!1

got everything crossed for ya indeed!

Lucky SOB if it does turn out to harbour a 3vz-fe!

me want :(

OlberJ
26-12-2006, 19:19
Still waiting for a reply, the suspense is killing me. Need to get my exhaust sorted pronto but if this is a 3VZ then i might not bother and jus get the conversion done.

superchargedsam
26-12-2006, 23:18
good luck fella !

OlberJ
05-01-2007, 14:58
Cheers for your sending of good luck guys :

The Bad News - It's already been scrapped.

The Good News - It was only a 2.5.

Other good news is one of my cousin's clients (insurance broker) owns a scrapyard and has already sorted him out with an uber cheap Alfa, so he's got him on the case if any turn up.

After a fair bit of chat with the old boy aswell, i think we're gonna leave my car as 4age and get another mk1, strip it and use that with a V6 for our motoring kicks.

Means there's no rush aswell, should have it done for summer tho. Stripped out Mk1 V6, wonder what we could get it down to weight wise?

Barronmr
05-01-2007, 15:43
Cheers for your sending of good luck guys :

The Bad News - It's already been scrapped.

The Good News - It was only a 2.5.

Other good news is one of my cousin's clients (insurance broker) owns a scrapyard and has already sorted him out with an uber cheap Alfa, so he's got him on the case if any turn up.

After a fair bit of chat with the old boy aswell, i think we're gonna leave my car as 4age and get another mk1, strip it and use that with a V6 for our motoring kicks.

Means there's no rush aswell, should have it done for summer tho. Stripped out Mk1 V6, wonder what we could get it down to weight wise?

LOL, I'm already trying to get this idea together. I've put a deposit down on a tintop SC to strip and I've got my V6 camry. Just a case of getting it together and bolting a supra turbo to it. Stripped mk1 tintop v6 turbo. :thumbsup:

OlberJ
05-01-2007, 16:37
Woooft is the only appropriate word.

Should make an interesting toy. You gonna strip it completely?

Barronmr
06-01-2007, 11:13
I'm gonna strip it as much as you can with a road car, so no carpets or sound-proofing, all useless interior out, if it has aircon that'll go, if I can get plastic windows and lightweight panels I will. I'm considering lightening or if possible removing the rear-bumper reinforcement bar too. :driving:

OlberJ
06-01-2007, 15:44
Can i ask why you went for the SC, was it not quite expensive? We're planning on getting a sunroof model and welding a panel over it.

Suppose it's not just for the tin-top your wanting the SC?

I got halfway through this with my 205Mi16, can get poly windows quite easy, even make them up, and there's plenty you can remove to make it lighter.

Gonna try and keep ours road legal though, would like to be able to drive it without having to book track time etc.

Shugsta
07-01-2007, 02:13
That'll be totally mental...it's got to be done. Are you using the SC because the chassis is strengthened? Is that right? I'm sure I read somewhere that the SC chassis is beefed up.

OlberJ
07-01-2007, 10:44
I thought it was just down to the fact it had a solid roof it was more structurally sound?

Barronmr
07-01-2007, 12:16
Its down to all the above, its the lightest most rigid mk1 chassis. Also the fact that I'm building my ideal car, so I thought the best place to start would be with the best chassis.

I realise that there's not an awful lot of gain over a sunroof model but the ones you find around in the UK are mostly old and rusty, whereas with the imported SC everythings a bit newer and less rusty.

As for the donor it was purchased off someone on here for a £1400. Its a little rundown, but I got a good deal and I'm hoping to collect next weekend all being well. Also, I figured I could get most of the difference between buying a solid UK sunroof and the Imported SC in selling the engine or building a UK SC conversion to sell.

Overall, I'm hoping to keep weight to around 1000kg or less and with a v6 turbo I think I've heard 350bhp is reasonable. Power to weight anyone rotflmao.

Garbe
07-01-2007, 13:28
Turbo'd V6 in a MK1 :drool:

In a MK2 :drool::drool::drool: